Health Professions: Medical Office Administration
Requirements and Deadlines
Attend an Open House Information Session.
Download the Health Professions Programs
and Open House Information flyer.
The deadline for applying to the program is May 15 for the class beginning in August.
the number of applications, only selected applicants, based on fulfillment
of prerequisite requirements, will be contacted in July to attend
orientation and take a computer typing test.
the class is limited.
To improve your chances of being accepted into the program, one
- Complete placement testing in English and
- Take the appropriate
classes to meet the course prerequisites to the program.
is recommended that the student demonstrate computer literacy by
evaluation of past experience, transcripts, interactive video, or
by successful completion of ITE 115.
- All transcripts should
be sent before May 15.
- Contact the Admissions Center at (757)
822-7172 for information about the placement test(s) including the
- Student must have completed the following high school courses:
- 3 years high school English
- 2 years high school Math including Algebra I
- Biology 100 (Chemistry is recommended)
- Student must be able to type 35 wpm.
- Student must have CPR-C certification before beginning the clinical portion of the progam - by January
- This can be obtained by taking the CPR 1 credit course, a non-credit CPR class, or have your current CPR card evaluated for credit.
- You must be certified from January through August.
- Student must submit a physical examination that certifies the student is physically able to participate in the clinical portion of the program.
- Student must maintain an average of "C" overall.
- A student who receives one "D" in a core course will be permitted to remain at the program director's discretion.
- A student who recieves two "D"'s in core courses will be withdrawn from the program.
Financial Aid and Veterans Benefits
Information about grants, loans, and scholarships is available from
The Veterans Affairs Officecan assist those who are eligible for Veterans educational benefits;