Health Professions: Occupational Therapy Assistant
Criminal Background Check
DO NOT COMPLETE UNTIL ACCEPTED INTO OTA PROGRAM
- All TCC students who attend clinical facilities must complete the background check.
- Cost: $46 (responsibility of student)
- Questions? Email WMarcil@tcc.edu or call (757) 822-7273
Health Professions students assigned to clinical
rotations or internships at some healthcare facilities are personally responsible for:
- completing the required background
checks or screenings and
- assuring that results are obtained by the healthcare or medical facility that asks for them.
Once accepted, occupational therapy assistant students are required to complete
the background check.
Students are required
$46 cost of the background check.
- It will be the decision of the clinical affiliate (healthcare or medical facility) whether the student will be
allowed to participate in the clinical activities should there
be positive criminal or sex offender results.
- Tidewater Community
College does not assume any responsibility for obtaining or evaluating
the results of a criminal background check, drug screen or other
check, maintaining the records of results or for delivering them
to clinical sites.
- Students may not request to be assigned only
to those sites that do not require such checks.
- Students who
refuse to undergo a criminal background check or drug screen
or other required check may not be able to be placed at another
facility and consequently may not be able to complete program
requirements and graduate.
- Tidewater Community College will make
reasonable efforts to place all enrolled students in clinical
- Students are also reminded that licensing boards for certain
health care occupations and professions may deny, suspend or
revoke a license or may deny the individual the opportunity to
sit for an examination if an applicant has a criminal history
or is convicted or pleads guilty or nolo contendere to a felony
or other serious crime.
- Successful completion of a health professions
program of study at Tidewater Community College does not guarantee
licensure, the opportunity to sit for a licensure examination,
certification or employment in the relevant heath care occupation.
Vendor: Certified Background
1. Please complete the vendor information and make direct payment to the vendor.
The vendor will provide you with a passcode and a PDF file of the results.
2. It is your responsibility to provide your CBI results to
the agency requesting it within 24 hours after the first day
of classes (which is also the day of final notification of clinical
placement sites). To initiate completion of your CBI please contact
the selected vendor, provide the required data, sign the release
and provide payment to the vendor.
3. Please be sure to keep a hard copy of your own PDF file for
your personal records.
1. Go to www.certifiedbackground.com.
2. In the "Place Order" box, where it says "Package Code," enter id42
3. You will see a page with information about our package and its contents,
The Occupational Therapy Assistant Program is accredited
Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE)
the American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA)
Bethesda, MD 20824-1220
Phone: (301) 652-2682