Math Essentials Lab
Phone Number: (757) 822-2709
Struggling in math? Maybe it’s time for you to add a visit to the Portsmouth Campus MTE Lab to your schedule.
- RULES AND EXPECTATIONS
The goal of the MTE Lab is to offer students a quiet place to do their computer based math work and to help increase students’ understanding of course material.
- Sign-in/sign-out of the lab at each visit (Student ID Number required)
- Computers are for math purposes only; no web surfing
- Cell phones must be turned off or put on silent and put away; phones and other electronic devices may not be used as calculators
- Calculator policy – when permitted, model TI 30x IIs is accepted and may be checked out from the lab staff
- MTE 1 – no calculator permitted
- MTE 2 and MTE 3 – calculator permitted for Quiz 3 and Final Test, along with metric handout (MTE 2) and geometry handout (MTE 3)
- MTE 4-9 – calculator permitted
- Students must have passed Quiz 2 before instructional Day 6 of the session to use the
lab for the rest of the session
- For students to receive additional attempts on a quiz they must get 100% on the quiz review
- Students who are caught cheating will be asked to leave the lab and their instructor will be notified
- No food or drink allowed in the lab
- No children or guests allowed in the lab
- Noise must be kept to a minimum
- HOURS OF OPERATION:
The MTE lab will close on Friday, December 12th. We will resume normal operational hours on Monday, January 12, 2015.
*** Check in one hour before closing to take a quiz, two hours for final test ***
Lab will be closed on the following dates between sessions:
Friday, September 19 – Saturday, September 20
Thursday, October 16 – Saturday, October 18
Saturday, November 15
Saturday, December 13 until Monday, January 12, 2015
- TEST PROCEDURES
- Student must have “signed in” to the lab
- Proctor must ensure desk is clear of all materials except pencil, provided paper, and calculator.
- Student must show a picture ID to be signed in for quizzes and tests
- Student must adhere to lab dos and don’ts (bulleted in Sec. I. above)
****The schedule is also posted in My Math Lab and outside of the MTE Lab****