Transfer credit - U.S. colleges and universities
If you've taken courses at a regionally or nationally accredited college or university and earned a "C" or better, you may be able to apply these credits toward your TCC program.
You must be enrolled in a degree or certificate program before any credits from another institution will be evaluated.
- Visit the Transfer Evaluation System to determine what courses will transfer from previous institutions.
- Have your previous institution send an official transcript to Tidewater Community College, Office of the College Registrar, PO Box 9000, Norfolk, VA 23509.
Electronic transcripts must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Official transcripts must be in the sealed, original envelope from the issuing institution, and must include the appropriate college seal and authentication.
Transfer credit - international colleges and universities
If you attended college outside the U.S. you may be eligible to transfer credits to TCC. Follow the steps below to ensure your credits are evaluated properly.
Do not send your international transcripts directly to the TCC Office of the College Registrar or the Office of International Student Services. They will not be accepted.
- Have your international transcripts evaluated by a professional organization or an agency that is a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluators. The fee for this evaluation and the time required for completion of the evaluation varies with each agency, and is the student’s responsibility.
- Request a course-by-course evaluation. Document-by-document evaluations will not be accepted by TCC for transfer credit.
- Instruct the evaluation agency to mail an official report directly to: Office of the College Registrar, Tidewater Community College, P.O. Box 9000, Norfolk, VA 23509-9000.
- Complete and submit the Request for Evaluation of Educational Experience form.
Foreign language credit
You may be granted credit for courses offered by the Defense Language Institute Foreign Language Center only if those courses or programs have been evaluated by the American Council on Education (ACE).
View ACE's recommendations for college credit on foreign language experience
Tidewater Community College
Office of the College Registrar
P.O. Box 9000
Norfolk, VA 23509-9000