Dear Graduation Applicant,
Before proceeding to TCC's online graduation application, please view a graduation video (less than two minutes in length).
After viewing the video, note that the following information will be required in order to submit your application:
- Your student EMPL/SIS ID (instructions for obtaining this);
- Your TCC Student e-mail address;
- The type of award you are seeking (i.e., A.A., A.S., A.A.A., A.A.S., Certificate, or Career Studies Certificate);
- The title of your curriculum and any specialization, if appropriate; and,
- The catalog year that you are using (i.e., the catalog year that you have been following to meet curriculum requirements) in fulfillment of curriculum requirements. Please note that the catalog used to determine graduation requirements is the one in effect at the time of a student's acceptance into a curriculum, or any subsequent catalog as selected by the student. However, you may not choose a catalog more than six years from the date of graduation.
Please take note of the following:
- Note that you must submit one application for each award that you are seeking.
- You are encouraged to meet with a counselor/advisor prior to application submission to insure that all requirements will be met by the end of the semester/term in which you are applying. If you provide the name of your counselor/advisor on your application, the Graduation Team will communicate the results of your degree audit to that individual.
- Students attempting to apply after the College's deadline for application (i.e., June 1 for August, September 1 for December, and January 15 for May) will AUTOMATICALLY be moved to consideration during a future semester/term. That is, automatic confirmation of your application does not imply that your application is accepted for the semester/term requested.
- Following submission of your application, an AUTOMATED acknowledgement of your application will be provided. The acknowledgement appears on the screen and is NOT e-mailed to you. Please print and retain a copy of this acknowledgement for your records in the event that your application's submission is questionable. If this acknowledgement is not immediately offered, please resubmit your application and also e-mail the Graduation Team at email@example.com within 24 hours to inform them of this occurrence so that they can investigate the issue as necessary.
- The acknowledgement of your application does not indicate that you have met the requirements. It only indicates that your application has been received. Once an audit of your graduation status has been performed, the results will be e-mailed to your TCC e-mail account. Please expect this e-mail approximately one month prior to the last day of the semester/term for which you are applying for graduation. Since this review will be directed to your TCC e-mail account, please check this account regularly. If you do not have an active TCC e-mail account, please notify the Graduation Team by e-mailing them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All degree requirements must be completed prior to the date of graduation. Candidates must provide official transcripts from other institutions, submit the request for Evaluation of Previous Educational Experiences, submit approved course credit or substitutions, and other relevant documents by the application deadline. Substitutions must match the catalog year under which you have applied to graduate. Further information regarding graduation requirements can be found in the Student Handbook and College Catalog.
- Students who do not meet all requirements by the last day of the semester/term in which they have applied, to include submission of documentation such as transfer credit and approved substitutions/waivers or completion of the College's computer competency requirement, must reapply for graduation for a future semester/term. That is, graduation applications for one semester/term are not given consideration for a future term without the submission of a new application.
Commencement exercises for Summer and Fall graduates will be held in December. May graduates attend commencement exercises in May. Detailed information regarding commencement is contained in a letter that you will receive in November (Summer and Fall applicants) or April (Spring applicants). Students are strongly encouraged to participate in commencement. Students unable to participate due to extenuating circumstances should make this notation where requested on the online graduation application. If you previously indicated on the application that you planned to attend commencement and your intent changes, please email@example.com. Participation in the commencement ceremony does not constitute certification for graduation. Approval for graduation is based on a final review of your academic records after all grades are submitted and reviewed. (Additional information and updates regarding commencement exercises)
Graduation caps, gowns, and other items may be purchased through Barnes&Noble - your campus bookstore. Graduation fairs will also be held at each of the campuses. Please check the graduation page for updates.
Before proceeding to the application:
Please use Internet Explorer to complete the application. Performance in other browsers such as Firefox or Netscape may be slow.
Applicants of Multiple Degrees/Awards
In awarding students an additional degree, certificate or career studies certificate, the college may grant credit for all completed, applicable courses which are requirements of the additional degree, certificate, or career studies certificate. However, the awards must differ from one another by at least 25% of the credits.
If you successfully complete all requirements for your degree/certificate, your diploma will be mailed to you within a month or two of the semester or term's official ending date. Diplomas will be mailed to the home address listed in the Student Information System. Therefore, please insure that your mailing address is current in the system. (Instructions on changing your address).
Grade Point Average/Graduation Honors
A grade point average of 2.00 is required in your curriculum to be eligible for graduation. Honor eligibility is based on your cumulative grade point average. Honors are not awarded for Career Studies Certificates.
Students who have fulfilled the requirements for AA, AS, AAS, diploma, and one-year certificate programs are eligible for graduation with honors, based on the cumulative grade point averages listed below. Honors are not awarded for career studies certificates.
3.2 Cum laude with honor
3.5 Magna cum laude with high honor
3.8 Summa cum laude with highest honor
Students who intend to graduate from a curriculum in excess of 45 semester hours must demonstrate competency in word processing, spreadsheet, database management, network information resources (Internet) and telecommunications software (e-mail). This requirement may be met in many ways. (Additional information)
Financial Obligations and Holds
Please understand that some offices will place holds on student accounts that can prevent or delay a student from graduating. Therefore, students must act quickly to resolve such issues or obligations to the College.