TCC Home Page             


Welcome CenterAcademicsWorkforce SolutionsNew StudentsCurrent StudentsFaculty and StaffDonorsCommunity
rollover the links above to activate the sub menus
Bb, Email, SIS
myTCC myTCC Library

CMVE @ TCC: paying for college >

Military branch tuition assistance



Tuition Assistance is the term used for financial aid given by the separate branches of the military to active duty and reserve service members for college courses.

Each branch of the military has its own tuition assistance policy and procedures. Service members should contact their Education Services Officer (ESO) for detailed information.

Tuition Assistance vouchers will be accepted at any TCC Business Office for payment.  All fees not covered by Tuition Assistance or Financial Aid must be paid by the service member when the TA voucher is submitted to the Business Office for payment.



  • If after providing the TCC business office with your Tuition Assistance voucher you change anything about your course schedule including dropping one or more classes, switching classes or adding classes, a new TA voucher must be acquired and turned back in to the business office. Dropping one class from a TA voucher invalidates the entire voucher and all classes will be dropped by the business office if a new TA is not provided.

  • Tuition Assitance vouchers should be turned into any TCC business office for payment. Any fees that are not covered by the TA voucher will need to be paid at that time.

  • TA vouchers, like all other forms of payment, are due by the tuition deadline for the semester in which you are enrolling. Late payment may result in dropped classes.

The Navy requires all sailors to:

  • complete the online Tuition Assistance Workshop and submit the certificate to the Navy College Office at or,
  • see a Navy College Office counselor to establish an Individual Education Plan (IEP) which will be posted in the Sailor’s electronic record and provide the Navy College Office with a degree plan, which can be acquired through your TCC Base Representative or Academic Advisor.
  • Once these requirements have been met, sailors will be granted access to WebTA to apply for Tuition Assistance funding.

Marines should speak directly with their Education Serivces Officer (ESO) before applying for TA. Marine TA is very limited and specific and direct consulation with an ESO is required before applying or registering for classes. Additional information can be found on their website.


The army has an online process for applying for and receiving tuition assistance through their website. Visit their website for more information.

Army TA Update (8/2014): Changes are taking place for those who receive tuition assistance from the Army.  According to ALARACT 317/13 -- FY14 Tuition Assistance Policy, as of Jan. 1, 2015 Soldiers eligible for TA must have successfully completed one year of service following graduation from Advanced Individual Training (AIT). Beginning in FY15, all Soldiers must have ten years of service to receive graduate level TA if any portion of their undergraduate degree was paid through TA. Visit their website for more information.


Like the Marines, Airmen should speak directly with their Education Services Officer (ESO) before applying for tuition assistance or registering for classes as funding is limited and very specific.


All branches of the military have some form of tuition assistance for their reservists. Visit the websites above or speak directly with your Education Services Officer (ESO) to find out how to access these funds.