Academic Alert is a program of intervention and follow-up for students identified as having academic difficulties early in the semester. The program provides feedback from instructors and advisors to help students investigate and implement student support services and other recommended actions that will help them succeed.
Academic Alert is designed to:
- Provide faculty with a method to identify at risk students.
- Address difficulties that interfere with student success.
- Refer students to appropriate college resources.
- Assist students in becoming academically successful.
- Form a collaboration between faculty and campus student services to provide an effective system of intervention to improve student retention and success.
- Provide all faculty members with the opportunity to participate in the academic alert program.
Academic Alert Resources
Academic Alert resources and links for Tidewater Community College faculty, staff, advisors and students can be found below.
Academic Alert Advisor Contact Information
Chesapeake CampusKristy Simpkins
Norfolk CampusMeredith Pollard
Portsmouth CampusDana Singleton
Virginia Beach CampusCynthia Horen