Portsmouth Campus: Learning Communities
learning in networked communities
What is a Learning Community?
A learning community is a group of students, faculty, and mentors who are linked by a common set of courses. Members of a learning community establish relationships, participate in joint activities, and use shared resources to accomplish a common outcome--the students success!
- Allow you to pay for classes with financial aid
- Assist you to developing critical thinking skills, increase learning potential, and improve your GPA
- Provide opportunity to build relationships with faculty and peers
- Connect you with student services
- Encourage you to achieve personal, academic and economic goals
Most of all L.I.N.C. will
- Help you develop a sense of belonging
- Build supportive peer groups
- Help you gain global perspective
- Prepare you for career options and college transfer
- Create lasting relationships
- Support you to work smarter NOT harder
Please click on class schedules for Learning Communties for the Spring semester.
Coordinator: P. Saunders
757 822-2391 PSaunders@tcc.edu
L.I.N.C. Couselor: P. Saffioti
757 822-2170 PSaffioti@tcc.edu
TCC Information Center
757 822-1122 or 1 800 371-0898
- See the Class Schedules listing for classses offered at the Portsmouth Campus.
- Faculty section lists the faculty that are instructing at the Beazley Campus and provides links to individual faculty pages.