Don’t wait: register for Summer and Fall classes now!

Summer and Fall 2017 registration is now open!

Register early to get the classes you need for your program. 

See the Academic Calendar


Fall 2017 Scholarships available

Applications for the Fall 2017 award cycle are being accepted through May 15. View and apply for scholarships 

How to enroll in classes

Remember, you can register for classes online 24/7.

  1. First, log into SIS.
  2. Click on "Class Search" in the left navigation
  3. Select a subject and campus
  4. Select "2017 Summer" or "2017 Fall" as the term
  5. Click "Search"
  6. Proceed with enrollment

TCC enrollment tips

  • Enrollment deadlines can be found in the academic calendar.
  • For assistance with enrollment, contact the Enrollment Services Office on your campus. Contact information is below.
  • Consult an academic counselor or advisor before making enrollment changes, such as switching majors.
Important contacts

TCC Information Center: 757-822-1111 or
24/7 Financial Aid & Student Accounts Support: 855-308-5614
Contact an e-Advisor

headshot of TCC Information Center representative

Need help? We're here for you

TCC's Info Center is available to help you
Monday - Thursday 8:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
Friday  8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Saturday  9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
757-822-1122 or

Enrollment FAQs

Who may not register for classes?

You may not register if you have an academic or administrative hold on your account.

  • An academic hold is due to academic suspension or dismissal. You must be granted readmission.
  • An administrative hold results from unpaid library charges, financial aid overpayments or other student debts. You may not register until your record is cleared.
How many classes can I take?

The full-time course load is 12 to 18 credit hours. As a rule, one credit hour of course work requires at least two hours of study outside of class each week.

You should consult with an Enrollment Services counselor or advisor to plan an academic load that is compatible with your work schedule and other responsibilities.

Students who wish to take more than 18 credit hours must obtain the approval of the campus provost or designee.

Drop/add a course

Adding a course means enrolling in a new course during the published add/drop period. Students may need special permission from a professor and academic dean to add a course after the first class meeting.

Students may drop a course and receive a refund up until the “last day to drop for a tuition refund” as noted on the academic calendar.

Students who change their mind about taking a course must drop the course and process the drop online through SIS. Otherwise, the student will be charged for the course and may receive a failing grade.

Using financial aid? Speak with a financial aid advisor before making adjustments to your schedule.

Withdraw from a course

If you drop a course after the last day for a tuition refund, you are withdrawing and you will receive a grade of W.

There is also a deadline by which you must withdraw to avoid academic penalty.  After that date, students receive a failing grade of F or U if they withdraw or are administratively withdrawn from a course.  (The college reserves the right to withdraw a student for just cause.)

Exceptions to this policy may be made if all of the following conditions are met:

  • The instructor initiates a withdrawal approved by the academic dean.
  • The student is able to document mitigating circumstances, such as illness.
  • The student was making satisfactory progress in the course.

​The effective withdrawal date is when the request is processed by the college. If a student is administratively withdrawn from a course, the effective withdrawal date is the last day the student attended class as reported by the instructor.

Do not stop attending college without officially withdrawing from all classes. Failure to properly withdraw from college may result in the assignment of F or U grade(s) to your permanent record. Please see a counselor or an academic advisor to consider options before withdrawing from college.

Audit a course

Auditing means you are attending class without taking exams or receiving academic credit.

Audited courses are not counted as part of your academic load when your enrollment status is reported to the Financial Aid office, Department of Veterans Affairs or another third party.

To audit a course, you must


To change the status of a course from audit to credit, or from credit to audit, students must complete the change by the drop/add deadline for a 16-week semester or 10-week summer session.

Looking for help?

Send us your questions
* All fields are mandatory

Enrollment Services Offices

Regular office hours are:
Monday and Tuesday: 8:30 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Wednesday - Friday 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

Chesapeake Campus

Pass Building, Room 175
1428 Cedar Road
Chesapeake, VA 23322

Phone: 757-822-5117

Norfolk Campus

Andrews Building
315 Granby St.
Norfolk, VA 23510

Phone: 757-822-1205, -1210, or -1265

Portsmouth Campus

Building A, Room A130
120 Campus Drive
Portsmouth, VA 23701

Phone: 757-822-2192 or -2193

Virginia Beach Campus

Building B (Bayside), Room B105
1700 College Crescent
Virginia Beach, VA 23453

Phone: 757-822-7101