TCC students can receive discounted access to HRT’s public transit network of buses, ferries, Metro Area Express (MAX) routes, and Norfolk’s light rail system through the GoPass program. You’ll save money on your commute costs and reduce your carbon footprint!
To be eligible, you must be currently enrolled at TCC, and have paid tuition or been awarded financial aid.
How to get an HRT GoSemester Pass
Spring 2019 passes - available January 2
You may purchase a Spring GoSemester Pass for $50 at any campus business office. They will be available for purchase from January 2 until the end of the Spring semester (or until they are sold out). This pass will be valid from January 2, 2019 to May 31, 2019, as long as you remain actively enrolled in a credit class.
Paying for your pass
Present your TCC ID at any campus business office (locations are listed below) and pay the fee for the semester. GoSemester Pass fees are charged each semester. You may use your financial aid award to purchase a GoSemester Pass only during the available charge period.
Spring 2019 financial aid charge periods
16-week, 12-week and first 8-week sessions
December 20, 2018 - February 11, 2019
Second 8-week session
March 12 - March 20, 2019
- Your TCC GoSemester Pass is non-refundable and will not be reissued.
- Your TCC GoSemester Pass will be deactivated and no longer usable if you do not maintain credit class enrollment in the current term.
- If a pass is lost or stolen and deactivated, a replacement pass may be purchased at the Business Office.
- Replacement GoSemester passes can be purchased for $80 for fall/spring, or $40 for summer.
- Replacement Para-Transit passes can be purchased for $3.50 each.
- Replacement passes are not financial aid eligible.
Students with disabilities
Students with disabilities who are approved by HRT to utilize Para-Transit can receive passes at a discounted rate of $2.00 per pass (effective with Spring 2018 term passes) for each of the days they have classes (plus one additional day). Please see your campus educational accessibility counselor for help accessing this service.
Visit HRT's website for information on transit routes, alerts and trip planning tools.
Help with student accounts is available 24/7/365 by phone and online
Regular office hours are:
Monday and Tuesday: 8:30 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Wednesday - Friday 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.