3. DEMONSTRATION OF ENGLISH
If English is not your first/native language, you must demonstrate English proficiency that meets the admission requirements of all applicants to the college pursuant to an I-20 and F1 status. English proficiency may be demonstrated in the following ways:
- An international TOEFL report with a minimum score of 61 iBT (500 paper-based TOEFL) that is sent to TCC directly from TOEFL/ETS. TCC’s TOEFL School Code is 5787.
- An academic IELTS score of 6.0 or higher
- Successful completion of TCC’s ESL placement test with a faculty placement of ESL Advanced Level or higher.
- Transcripts from an accredited U.S. college or university for Freshman Composition with a grade of “C” or better.
- Evidence of possession of a U.S. college/university degree (Associate’s, Bachelor’s, Master’s, Doctorate, etc.)
Your international admission to TCC cannot be completed until you have demonstrated the English proficiency required of F1 applicants. (*English proficiency requirements are subject to change without notice) Regardless of your English proficiency, you will take a placement test upon arrival to the college unless you have completed Freshman Composition at, or possess a degree from, an accredited U.S. college or university.
4. HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA OR SECONDARY STUDIES FINAL
DIPLOMA / CERTIFICATE
F-1 applicants must be 18 years of age and provide a COPY of the document that indicates completion of secondary studies, i.e., high school diploma or secondary studies final certificate. Academic credentials submitted to TCC must be accompanied by an English translation. F-1 applicants who have NOT completed secondary studies will not be accepted.
6. IMMIGRATION DOCUMENTS
F-1 Transfer students must submit COPIES of their current immigration documents, including:
- I-20 from their current school
- The identification page of their passport
- Current paper or web-based Form I-94 (obtain a copy of your web-based I-94 here: https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/request.html)
- F-1 visa.
7. SEVIS F-1 TRANSFER-IN FORM
This completed form is required along with the other admission documents pursuant to an I-20. Please complete the top portion of this form and have your current SEVIS Designated School Official (DSO) complete and sign the bottom half. Your current DSO must mail or fax the completed form directly to the International Student Services Office at TCC. Student faxed or hand-carried copies will not be accepted.
8. TRANSCRIPTS FROM CURRENT SCHOOL
F-1 Transfer students must submit unofficial copies of transcripts from their current school to the International Student Services Office as part of the admission process. Unofficial transcripts must contain the student's name and the name of the school.
**Transfer students who wish to transfer credits from their previous institution must request that an OFFICIAL transcript be sent directly to TCC's Central Records Office.
9. EVIDENCE OF CONTINUOUS HEALTH INSURANCE
All F-1 students and their dependents are required to provide proof of continuous health insurance coverage for each semester, including summer, by the last day of the first week of classes. Proof of international student health insurance that meets the minimum standards set by the ISS Office is mandatory. Students who fail to provide evidence of continuous health insurance for the entire semester, and summer, will be blocked from college transactions.
* The International Student Services Office no longer accepts health coverage from the International Student Organization (ISO). Brochures for companies that meet the ISS requirements are available at the International Student Services Office.
10. EVALUATION OF FOREIGN COLLEGE/UNIVERSITY TRANSCRIPTS
TCC does not evaluate foreign transcripts for transfer credit.
Please do not send your academic transcript evaluations to the ISS Office. If you have coursework from an overseas college or university for which you would like to try to receive transfer credit, click the link below for information on private academic credentialing agencies that are approved by TCC: