Open Computer Labs: Guidelines
Guidelines apply to some, but not all, of the TCC Computer Labs. Check with specific location if in doubt.
· A valid TCC ID card is required
to use a computer. Users check in at the front desk to be assigned a computer.
Only one PC can be checked out to one student, per their valid ID card. (Refer
to pages 70 and 71 in the student handbook).
· The Open Computer Labs are for individual use only.
· Access will be denied to anyone downloading, and/or installing software.
Software installation requests should be made by faculty members to the OCL
Supervisor and will be authorized on a case-by -case basis. OIS technicians
will perform authorized installations.
· Food or beverages of any kind are prohibited in the computer labs,
libraries, and classrooms to protect the equipment.
· Computer lab resources are intended for academic use. Game playing,
online chatting, and instant messaging are not considered academic use.
· Children are not allowed in the OCLs.
· Cell phones and pagers are disruptive. To maintain an atmosphere
of quiet study cell phones and pagers are to be shut off in the labs and libraries.
· Individuals or groups of individuals who disturb other users through
noise, loud talking, or boisterous activity will be reminded of being courteous
to other users. Those who continue to disturb others will be asked to leave.
· Public telephones are available on the campus for users not employed
by the college.
· Lab technicians provide assistance with hardware and access to supported
software only. Questions about assignments or use of library resources should
be directed to the instructor or a librarian.
· Users are responsible for saving their work.
Printing in LRC/Library Computer Labs:
For students: Student must be currently enrolled with a current TCC ID card to print.
Community Patrons: Non-students must purchase a total convenience card for $1.00 and pay $.05 per page to print at the LRCs. For more information about LRC printing procedures see: http://www.tcc.edu/lrc/services/printing.htm
Printing in other computer labs:
Printing is limited to 25 pages per person with only two copies of any one document. Please see desk attendant if you need to print additional pages.
All patrons of the OCLs are responsible for complying with VCCS policies
and guidelines regarding computers and information technology. The VCCS
Ethics Guidelines covers all VCCNet usage, and the
Student/Patron Ethics Agreement relates directly to student and other
Return to OCL web page