Guidelines for Documentation of a Visual Impairment
TCC students seeking academic accommodations for a visual impairment should provide documentatation of the student's visual impairment and should consist of a letter or report from an optometrist or ophthalmologist and to include the following:
Documentation should address the following:
- An explanation of the extent of the individual’s visual fields.
- A specific diagnosis.
- The degree of visual acuity.
- Whether the condition is stable or progressive.
- A statement of the functional limitation(s) caused by the disability.
- Possible side effects of any prescribed aids or medication.
- Whether visual aids are recommended.
- Suggested recommendations for effective and reasonable academic accommodations.