Pictured above: Sikaiadah Newton at work in the LAC.
Google Hangouts isn’t just a great way to connect with friends and family. Now you can use the tool to get help from an online tutor at Tidewater Community College.
Tutors can assist with writing, English and American Sign Language. Additional offerings such as developmental and college-level math are coming soon.
“With the technology today, we decided to take things to a new level since we know there’s a real need,” said Buffy Ruffin, Learning Assistance Services coordinator. “We want to be sure students taking both face-to-face and online classes can benefit from the services we provide.”
Online tutoring is available to all TCC students during these times:
- Monday – Thursday: 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Saturday: 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Call the Learning Assistance Center at 757-822-5157 to schedule an appointment. Then log on at that time.
What you need
- An internet connection
- A computer with the Chrome browser installed (mandatory); a webcam and microphone (preferred but optional)
- Your myTCC username and password
- Necessary course materials and assignment
For detailed instructions, visit tcc.edu/onlinetutoring.
For more information, email Ruffin at firstname.lastname@example.org.