Auto Dealer Operator Training
During the 2005 session of the Virginia General Assembly, the Dealer Licensing Act was amended to require all applicants, after January 1, 2006, for a Dealer-operators Certificate of Qualification attend and satisfactorily complete a course of study prior to applying for a dealership license.
The Virginia Independent Automobile Dealers Association (VIADA) in cooperation with the Virginia Community College System was chosen by the Motor Vehicle Dealer Board to develop and produce a course on the licensing process, the various stages of selling and delivering vehicles, and information on the multitude of state and federal laws and regulations that govern the industry.
- Establishing the dealership according to law
- Applying for dealership and sales license
- Information on the regulatory agencies and the laws they enforce
- Use of dealer license plates and transport tags
- Step-by-step through the sales process
- Use of all the forms necessary to complete a sale
- Overview of the salvage process
- Study of other state’s titles
- Federal Truth In Lending Act
- A discussion of ethics
- Preparation for the course test and final exam
$325* if registered at least two weeks prior to start date. Payment must be received prior to two weeks, not postmarked.
$375* if registering within two weeks before class begins.
*cost includes textbook and handouts
David Boling, Director of Government Relations and Training for VIADA, has spent his entire career within the automobile industry as a salesperson, manager, dealer and vice president of a vehicle title history company. As a registered lobbyist, he represents the dealers at the Virginia General Assembly, the Motor Vehicle Dealer Board, the Department of Motor Vehicles and other state government agencies. He is also a state-certified mediator.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
The two-day course will benefit all current dealers and their employees who are interested in staying current with changes to the industry over the last few years.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
TCC Regional Workforce Development Center
7000 College Drive
Suffolk, VA 23435
Phone: (757) 822 - 1234
Fax: (757) 822 - 1160