TCC Home Page             


Welcome CenterAcademicsWorkforce SolutionsNew StudentsCurrent StudentsFaculty and StaffDonorsCommunity
rollover the links above to activate the sub menus
Bb, Email, SIS
myTCC myTCC Library

Human Resources Management System (HRMs) FAQ

Q. My personal data is not complete or is incorrect in HRMS.  How do I change it?

R. You may change your preferred name, home and mailing addresses, phone numbers, personal e-mail address, and emergency contact information through Employee Self Service.  Please refer to the View/Change Personal Data through Employee Self Service How-To Guide. To change your name for payroll purposes, you will need to complete the HR Name/Address Change Form (HR-30) and submit to the Office of Human Resources along with a copy of your social security card showing the new name.  To change any other personal information such as marital status, ethnic ID, highest education completed, or military/veteran status, please complete the Personnel Information Form.

Personal Information Form pdf

Personal Information Form MSWord

Q.  Will HRMS replace Payline?

R.  No.  You will still log into Payline to view your pay records for each pay day. HRMS is not the system of reocrd for Payroll.  Full-time employees eligible for paid leave will utilize HRMS to view their leave balances - leave balances will not be maintained and viewable through Payline.

Q.  How do I record my hours worked each day in HRMS?

R.  Employees required to complete a timesheet each pay period may enter their time through the Employee Self Service feature of HRMS. Please refer to the Employee Time Entry How-To Guide on this site.  Employees should record the actual hours worked each day to the nearest ONE TENTH (1/10) of an hour.


Reporting Increment
Reporting Increment


Q. I am a full-time non-exempt classified employee and I have noticed when I enter time on my timesheet for the 6/25 - 7/9/2011 payperiod, that the July 4th Holiday is loaded into my timesheet.  How do I enter my regular work hours for the payperiod? 

R.  You will need to add a new row (click on the + sign all the way on the far right hand side of the timesheet) so that you can choose the REG time reporting code for your regular hours worked and enter the hours you worked each day during the payperiod.

Q. HRMS says I am not contributing to deferred compensation, 403(b), and cash match.  How do I update this information?
R. HRMS is NOT the system of record for payroll deducted benefits. No contribution amounts will be stored in HRMS. The fact that your benefit summary indicates deferred compensation, 403(b), and/or cash match means that you are enrolled in the plan. If you were not enrolled, the benefit would not even be listed on your summary.

Q. I think my leave balances are not posted correctly in HRMS and I need to enter a leave request.  Who do I contact?
R. Contact Angela Vann. A member of the Employee Benefits Team will review your balances for accuracy and make any necessary adjustments.

Q. What is the difference between an exempt and a non-exempt employee?
R. An exempt employee is not subject to the overtime provisions of the Fair Labors Standards Act.  An exempt employee is NOT eligible to receive overtime pay or leave.  Exempt employees do not need to record their daily work hours for recordkeeping purposes.  A non-exempt employee IS eligible for overtime pay or leave and must record daily work hours on a timesheet for recordkeeping purposes.

Q. I do not understand the leave descriptions when I view my absence balances in HRMS.
R. All full-time employees are eligible for paid leave.  Depending on your employee classification as well as what sick leave plan (VSDP or Traditional) and annual leave plan (classified, new annual leave for faculty, or old annual leave for faculty) you have determines what leave descriptions you see when viewing your absence balances.  The Leave Types Attributed to Employees Reference Guide is a helpful resource to explain the descriptions you see in HRMS.  You may also click the link to the New Naming Conventions for Leave Types have been updated in HRMS.



New 2/18/2013 - Information about New Naming Convention for Leave Types


Leave types attributed to employees
- pdf

Q. How do I log into HRMS?
R. Click on the “myTCC” log on button and enter your log in information
Select the VCCS HR: Human Resource System link under the My Tools heading.

Log in through myTCC button


The Office of Human Resources
121 College Place, 6th Floor
Norfolk, Virginia 23510
Phone 757-822-1707

Fax 757-822-1620