GOVERNANCE @ TCC
|TCC’s Online Learning Committee enhances the quality of online education at the college.
Approved Nov. 22, 2013
- Recommend a plan for instructors whose courses do not meet Quality Matters (QM) standards
- Develop and recommend a mandatory student orientation to online learning that takes advantage of consistent Blackboard template required in all online courses:
- Consider a web-based module over a prerequisite or co-requisite course
- Recommend an implementation plan
- Evaluate and recommend definitions for traditional, blended, web-enhanced, and online courses
- Recommend professional development standards for faculty teaching in each delivery mode
- Review and recommend possible modifications of TCC Blackboard template based on college wide faculty input with the goal of improving consistency of navigation for students and ease of meeting QM standards by faculty.
Subcommittees will be formed to begin addressing each charge.
Use these links to learn more
Chair: Joe Joyner, associate professor of mathematics, firstname.lastname@example.org
March 21, 2014, at 10 am at the Center for eLearning
Jan. 17, 2014, at 1 pm at the Center for eLearning (MINUTES)
Nov. 22, 2013, at the Joint Use Library (MINUTES)
Oct. 8, 2013, at the Center for eLearning (MINUTES)
Sept. 18, 2013 at the Center for eLearning (MINUTES)
- Instructors Whose Courses Do Not Meet QM Standards Subcommittee
- Mandatory Student Orientation to Online Learning Subcommittee
- Definitions for Traditional, Blended, Web-enhanced, and Online Courses Subcommittee
- Blackboard Course Template Subcommittee