Advanced Technology Center Goals
The goals of the Advanced Technology Center at TCC are derived from city,
regional, and state economic and workforce development strategic plans.
Goals include the following:
- To serve as a primary source for instruction and training for information
technology and computer science workforce development, and to be a significant
contributor to city, regional and statewide workforce development initiatives
in information technology and computer science.
- To serve as a primary resource for successful small business startups,
utilizing resources and faculty in accounting, law, tax, marketing,
and business management.
- To serve as a primary education and training resource for workforce
development efforts in the fields of engineering and engineering technology,
to include electronics, drafting/design, and industrial and manufacturing
technology (to include The Ford Academy for Manufacturing Sciences).
- To serve as the host site for the WVBT-TV production studio, integrating
the educational and training capacity of this channel into the economic
development stream, and providing distance learning opportunities relating
to economic and workforce development.
- Providing multi-use space for a variety of economic development meetings
and seminars and serving as a facility for business and industry workforce
training on an "as needed" basis.