Students participate in a rigorous training program, which combines TCC's academic classes with NNSY’s trade theory training and on-the-job learning experience.
All academics will be given during working hours within the first year of the program. Participants will take courses taught by TCC faculty members, normally at the Portsmouth Campus.
Compressed sessions will consist of 2 nine-week sessions, leading to a Certificate of Completion.
Summer 2018 Information Sessions
- July 11, 2 p.m., Building B, Room 227
- July 16, 4 p.m., Building B, Room 227
- July 18, 2 p.m., Building B, Room 227
- July 23, 4 p.m., Building A, Forum
- July 25, 2 p.m., Building A, Forum
- July 30, 4 p.m., Building A, Forum
- August 1, 2 p.m., Building B, Room 227
Apprentices are employed with a salary range of $14.37 to $15.83 per hour and receive promotions upon successful completion of program requirements.
In the last three years of the program, students will be given on-the-job learning and trade theory courses. Upon graduation, apprentices are eligible to be converted to the journeyman level of their trade.
For additional information:
Visit the NNSY Apprentice Program web page
Call 757-396-4777, 757-396-4355 or email the Apprentice Program