The Classroom Teaching and Learning with Technology Committee:
- Brings together faculty, staff, and students in order to make informed decisions, sustain collaborative change, and develop better strategies for using technology to improve teaching and learning in the face-to-face environment
- Serves in an advisory capacity to the Vice President for Academic Affairs/Chief Academic Officer on a regular basis, e.g., on faculty development initiatives, internal grants programs, and budgets that affect resources and/or support services available to improve teaching and learning with technology
The CTLTC is a governing body that brings together the voices of faculty, staff, and students from each TCC campus. The forum advises the Vice President for Academic Affairs/Chief Academic Officer and sustains the collaborative change needed to improve teaching and learning opportunities through the use of technology in the classroom.
- Plan the Annual Technology Showcase as part of the college's annual Learning Institute (innovative technology applications in teaching and learning).
- Review and revise the CTLTC by-laws; consider changing the purpose, mission and name of the governance committee.
- Review and update the Classroom Technology Standard which will include universal design presentation stations.
- Audit and evaluate helpdesk tickets from teaching faculty (nature, timeliness, response, resolution and operation hours).
- Review and recommend a resource guide created by the Office of Educational Accessibility to assist faculty in accommodating student needs via the use of technology.
- Survey the extent of faculty interest in and current use of OER.
- Chair: Mike Williams, Portsmouth Faculty
- Former Chair: Libby Watts, Norfolk Faculty
- Beth Callahan, Recorder Office of Educational Accessibility
- Leah Hagedorn, Norfolk Faculty
- Darryl Parker, Chesapeake Faculty
- Robert Guess, Chesapeake Faculty
- Amy Bohrer, Virginia Beach Faculty
- Michael Williams, Portsmouth Faculty
- Joe Joyner, Norfolk Faculty
- Thomas Geary, Virginia Beach Faculty
- Alex Harrington, Library - Virginia Beach
- Rhonda Gowdy, Chesapeake Counseling
- Kristen Gregory, Batten Center for Teaching Excellence (C)
- Vacant, Student Government
- Leroy Kierstead, Information Systems
- Derek Laws, Portsmouth Faculty
- Frank Futyma, Virginia Beach Adjunct Faculty
- Kelly Robinson, Virginia Beach Adjunct Faculty
- John Morea, Ex-Officio, AVP, Learning Technologies
Members are elected to serve a 2-year term.
CTLTC members include:
- Two teaching faculty members elected from each campus
- Two adjunct faculty
- One counselor elected college-wide
- One librarian elected college-wide
- One representative from OIS, elected college-wide
- One Disabilities Services or Testing Center Representative, elected college-wide
- One representative from Learning Technology Applications elected college-wide
- One representative from eLearning elected college-wide
- One student appointed by the SGA Federation
- One Batten Lab manager
- Associate Vice President, Learning Technologies
This committee is allowed up to three people appointed as directed by the PAPC and, if necessary, the PAPC is directed to use the appointments to ensure that each campus has representation on the committee, considering appointments from centers as well.