- Review the Faculty Professional Development (FPD) program, practices and procedures and participate in MY and EOY FPD Unit reports, recommendations, and revisions.
- Plan the following professional development events: 2017 Faculty Development Day, 2018 January college briefing, and the 2018 Learning Institute.
- Research the use of certifications and badging for TCC faculty professional development participation or completion.
- The Faculty Professional Development Subcommittee will participate in the redesign of the New Faculty Academy and build of the Adjunct Faculty Academy.
- Develop professional development sessions to prepare for and support Dean’s Class Observation Evaluations.
Faculty Professional Development Committee members are elected to serve two-year terms with a second two-year term possible if re-elected.
2017 - 2018 Members
- Jeanne Hopkins (P)
Peer Group #1
Public Services -Administration of Justice, Early Childhood, Psychology, and ASL & Interpreters, Committee Recorder
- Elizabeth Briggs (C)
Peer Group #2 Communication Studies, Theater, and Music
Peer Group #3 Engineering, Applied Technology, and Industrial Technology
- David Wright (B)
Peer Group #4 Chair, Sciences
- Libby Watts (N)
Peer Group #5 Mathematics
- Jimmy Spelts (P)
Peer Group #6 Nursing & Health Professions, Emergency Medical Science, and Physical Education
- Frank Futyma (B)
Peer Group #7 Information System Technologies and Computer Science
- Alice Hoey (N)
Peer Group #8 Accounting, Business and Economics
- Rhonda Goudy (C)
Peer Group #9 Student Development, Teacher Education and Learning Assistance Professionals
- Tom Geary (B)
Peer Group #10 English and English as a Second Language, Chair
- Dianne Stanbach (B)
Peer Group #11 Global Studies, International Education, Sociology, History and Humanities
- Laetitia Stone (B)
Peer Group #12 World Languages
- Danny Stogsdill (P)
- Cheryl Nabati (B)
- Tiffany Putman (B)
- Amanda Burbage (P)
Faculty Professional Development Manager
Academic Dean, Languages and Speech
- Fred Stemple (D)
Associate Vice President for Faculty Professional Development