2017 - 2018
1. Review and recommend any revisions to policies, procedures, plans, and/or other relevant documents that are germane to the purpose of the Online Learning Committee; assist in drafting new policy and procedures, if needed.
a. Review the results of the online course review and recommend a plan of action based on the results. Review and recommend the TCC Standards for Quality Online Teaching.
b. Review and recommend any revisions to the TCC Blackboard Template.
c. Work with Learning Technologies to develop a comprehensive online student identity verification initiative which may include proctoring. In collaboration with the Instruction Committee, recommend revisions to the TCC official course syllabi to include proctoring and student identity verification procedures for online courses.
d. Review and recommend any revisions to the online student orientation in Blackboard.
2. Increase faculty awareness and access of any changes with the above policies, procedures, and plans.
3. Determine the committee’s role in advancing Guided Pathways.
- Chair: Matthew Watts, Chesapeake Faculty
- Former Chair: Cameron Russell, Ex-Officio
- Siabhon Harris, Portsmouth Faculty
- Shannon Ponach, Norfolk Faculty
- O. Jennifer Dixon-McKnight, Norfolk Faculty
- Susanne Rauch, Virginia Beach Faculty
- Katie Robinson, Virginia Beach Faculty
- Bill Connor, PAPC
- Forrest Crock, PAPC
- Michele Marits, PAPC
- Marsha Jurewicz, Faculty Professional Development
- Iris Wang, Learning Technologies
- Marcee Anderson, Deans
- Larry Hall, Students
Meetings occur at 10:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Location: 2610 Martin Building, Norfolk Campus
Schedule: October 13, November 17, January 19, February 16, March 16, April 20