Intercultural Learning. Embracing diversity. Promoting inclusion.
Our Center for Intercultural Learning believes that every student should be exposed to diverse and inclusive ways of thinking. Even if you never leave your home town, you will be living and competing in the global marketplace.
Tidewater Community College can help you gain the critical intercultural skills you need to succeed. It also oversees the TCC Women’s Center and International Student Services.
TCC’s intercultural calendar
The Intercultural Learning Center invites speakers and creates student-focused programs for these annual celebrations.
- September-October: Hispanic Heritage Month
- November: International Education Week
- January: Virginia Festival of Jewish Film
- February: Black History Month
- March: Women’s History Month
- April:TCC Literary Festival
Martin Luther King Jr. Recognition Program
Each year, TCC honors the legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. with a distinguished service award to a TCC faculty or staff member, and provides a scholarship to a TCC student.