TCC’s Response to COVID-19
- TCC is preparing to distribute CARES Act funding to eligible students.
- Options for students needing internet access
- Remote learning will continue for at least the first portion of the Summer Session.
- Virginia’s Community Colleges implemented a new grading scale for 2020 classes that end after April 7.
- The college is open for virtual support only. Faculty & Staff should not report to campus.
- Per the Governor’s executive order on March 30, telework will continue until June 10.
- NEW! Community resources during COVID-19
- NEW! How to order summer textbooks.
This page was last modified on May 14, 2020 at 03:00 pm. This page will keep the TCC community informed of the college’s actions and any operating schedule changes as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. Updates will be posted daily.
- Statement from Dr. Conston
- General FAQs
- Summer 2020 Remote Instruction
- For Students
- For Faculty & Staff
- Spring 2020 Grading Policy
- About Workforce Solutions Training and Classes
- Information for Students Needing Internet Access
- Submit a Question
The health and well-being of our students, faculty and staff is our top priority. TCC has initiated a series of steps designed to mitigate the risk of transmission by promoting social distancing, a preventative measure recommended by the CDC. Visit this page frequently for updates.
We are committed to minimizing educational disruptions and helping students stay on track to complete their course work for the semester and, for those nearing graduation in May, to receive their degrees and certificates. This endeavor is complicated by many factors; examples include students’ unique circumstances and academic requirements for hands-on or lab assignments. In addition, TCC must observe regulations and requirements from state, federal and accrediting agencies.
This is uncharted territory for our country, and for our entire world. We are working to answer as many questions as possible as quickly as possible.
The college is providing virtual services only. Our campuses and buildings are closed to the public and students through June 10.
Yes. Students can prepare for the summer session and fall semester using virtual resources. Learn more about online registration.
Barnes & Noble at TCC will continue to provide the needed textbooks and materials to TCC’s students. All course materials will only be available through the Barnes & Noble at TCC online ordering process. Barnes & Noble at TCC staff will endeavor to process these orders in an efficient and timely manner. They will communicate with students regarding orders and any anticipated delays. All orders will be shipped for free; there is no in-store pick-up available at this time.
To order your books:
- Login to SIS
- Enroll in your Summer 2020 courses
- Click on My Class Schedule & Book Info
- Click on Bookstore Textbook Information
Unfortunately, NNSY does not plan to extend the deadline. Applicants will need to wait until the next application period.
Yes! When you complete your TCC application you will note your expected graduation date of June 2020. You can begin enrolling for Summer Session classes now, many of which will be offered online or through remote instruction. Call 757-822-1111 or email email@example.com.
You can submit your completed application by the established deadlines via U.S. Mail or electronically.
Nursing, Pharmacy Tech and Nurse Aide: Send to Dr. Michelle Woodhouse, TCC Portsmouth Campus, 120 Campus Drive, Portsmouth, VA 23701 or firstname.lastname@example.org
All other Health Professions programs: Send to Dr. Mike Summers, TCC Virginia Beach Campus, 1700 College Crescent, Virginia Beach, VA 23453 or email@example.com
CENTER FOR WORKFORCE SOLUTIONS FAQs
Summer camps for the week of June 22 will be canceled. Refunds will be issued via credit card.
All Black Rocket camps will be virtual for the weeks from June 8 to August 24.
TCC’s additional camps scheduled for July and August are not canceled at this time. However, if you want a refund, call 757-822-1234.
For Student FAQ’s, see new groupings below.
All courses will be moved online or rescheduled. For more information, contact Amanda Lloyd at firstname.lastname@example.org.