Face Covering Exemption Accommodations
This page was last modified on July 30, 2020 at 04:29 pm. This page will keep the TCC community informed of the college’s actions and any operating schedule changes as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Here’s how students can request an exemption
In certain circumstances, TCC may grant an exception to wearing a face covering/mask on campus. This includes a student who has a health condition for whom a face covering would pose a danger.
If you are seeking an exemption, the first step is to submit a New Student Intake Form to the Office of Educational Accessibility before coming to a campus.
If you’re already registered with the Office of Educational Accessibility, contact your EA campus counselor.
Additional documentation may be required. Documentation must:
- Verify that the individual meets the ADA definition of disability (i.e., has a physical or mental impairment that substantially limits one or more major life activities); and
- Describe the needed modification; and
- Show the relationship between the individual’s disability and the need for the requested modification.
Examples of reasonable modification to a face mask policy:
- Allow a person to wear a scarf, loose face covering, or full face shield instead of a face mask;
- Attend all appointments by telephone or video calls.
- Take classes online.