Daily Health Self-Check
This page was last modified on July 30, 2020 at 04:30 pm. This page will keep the TCC community informed of the college’s actions and any operating schedule changes as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
All employees and students are expected to follow TCC’s health and safety guidelines.
Consistent with guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), students and employees must complete the following COVID-19 health self-check each time prior to coming to any TCC location.
This tool is not meant to take the place of talking to your health care provider to diagnose or treat conditions. Employees, if you have any questions or concerns about self-screening, please contact Beth Lunde, Associate Vice President for Human Resources. Students should direct questions or concerns to their campus dean or Karen Campbell, Interim Vice President for Student Affairs.
Health Assessment Questions
Please review and answer each question YES or NO. You do not need to consider any chronic conditions you may have.
- Have you been exposed to any individuals who have been ill with respiratory illness within the preceding 14 days, who are under investigation for COVID-19, or who have tested positive for COVID-19?
- Have you traveled to or been in close contact with individuals who recently returned from a country where the CDC has issued a Level 3 travel health notice? Please consult information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Virginia Department of Health regarding travel precautions in the United States and internationally.
- Do you have any of the following new symptoms?
- Fever of 100.4 Fahrenheit (38 Celsius) or higher
- New chills
- New cough
- New shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- New muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
If you answer YES to any question:
Students: Stay home. Consult a health care provider and get a test. Contact your instructors so that they are aware and can make instructional accommodations if necessary. Stay in touch regularly with your instructors until you return to class. They will provide contact information.
Employees: Do not come to work. Consult a health care provider and get a test. Contact your supervisor and Human Resources so they are aware and can provide guidance as necessary.
Individuals should not physically return to a TCC location until they:
- are symptom- or fever-free for 72 hours without the use of a fever-reducing or cough medication, and at least 10 days have passed since your symptoms first appeared or
- have been officially cleared to return by their health care provider.
Any person not wearing an applicable face covering when required, or abiding to social distancing requirements, may be asked to leave the campus or location