Criminal Background Check
Please check your program's
unique website for requirements prior to submitting a background
Cost: responsibility of student
- Health Professions students assigned to clinical
rotations or internships at some healthcare facilities are personally
- completing the required background checks or
- assuring that results are obtained by the healthcare
or medical facility that asks for them.
- It will be the decision of
clinical affiliate (healthcare or medical facility) whether
the student will be allowed to participate in the clinical
activities should there be positive criminal or sex offender
- Possible criminal/sex offender background
check by the Virginia State Police for certain clinical
placements required for graduation
- Students may not request to be assigned only to those sites that do
not require such checks.
- Students who refuse to undergo a criminal
background check or drug screen or other required check may
not be able to be placed at another facility and consequently may not be able to complete program requirements and graduate.
- TCC will make reasonable efforts to
place all enrolled students in clinical training.
- Tidewater Community College does not assume any responsibility for obtaining or evaluating the results of a criminal background
check, drug screen or other check, maintaining the records
of results or for delivering them to clinical sites.
- Students are also reminded that licensing boards for certain
health care occupations and professions may deny, suspend or
revoke a license or may deny the individual the opportunity
to sit for an examination if an applicant has a criminal history or is convicted or pleads guilty or nolo contendere to a felony
or other serious crime.
- Successful completion of a health professions
program of study at TCC does not guarantee licensure, the opportunity to sit for a licensure examination,
certification or employment in the relevant heath care occupation.
The vendor for criminal background checks is Certified Background.