Virtualization allows for computer networks to expand their capabilities.
As a virtualization expert, you will be prepared to install, deploy, configure, manage, secure and analyze a VMware virtual infrastructure in a networked environment.
This is an in-demand field that can command six-figure salaries. With Tidewater Community College’s Career Studies Certificate in Virtualization, you will be prepared to work in the growing VMWare field, or as a
- server administrator
- server systems administrator
- operations monitor
- local-area network (LAN) administrator
- enterprise system administrator
- IT system administrator
- enterprise security administrator
- systems architect
Certify your skills
Earn valuable industry credentials! Course work in this program qualifies you to sit for such certification exams as
- EMC Proven Professional Information Storage and Management
- EMC Proven Professional Cloud Infrastructure and Services
- VMware Certified Professional (VCP)
- EMC Proven Professional Backup Recovery Systems and Architecture
Apply all of the credits you earn in this program to TCC's Associate of Applied Science in Information Systems Technology.
Veterans, transitioning military, spouses and dependents: TCC’s Center for Military and Veterans Education provides academic guidance and help in maximizing your GI Bill and other educational benefits.
Tuition assistance such as financial aid, scholarships, work-study, grants and loans can help you save money and reduce college debt.
Evening and hybrid classes offered
Learn in the Advanced Technology Center on TCC’s Virginia Beach Campus, which houses 26 individual workstations and a high performance GIS server
TCC instructor earns VMware's highest certification
Median annual salary
Jobs related to this field pay a median annual salary of $80,371*
If you want to get into the information technology field, or advance in your current IT career, an industry credential can be your ticket to success. (TCC CareerFocus magazine)
TCC’s Career Studies Certificate in Virtualization consists of 4 semesters of part-time study, with classes held on the Chesapeake Campus.
Estimated Program Cost*:
28 credits x $176.60 per credit = $4,944.80 (not including textbooks and supplies)
*Based on Fall 2016 in-state tuition. Your actual cost may differ.
You may find employment or gain promotion in your current position, and you can apply the credits you earn toward TCC’s Associate of Applied Science in Information Systems Technology.
You may also transfer to a 4-year school to work towards a bachelor’s of science in information technology or another related field.
* Salary estimate is provided for comparison purposes only and doesn’t constitute a promise of employment or earnings. Salaries were calculated based on related job codes and U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics data.