Hispanic Heritage Month
- Dates: Sept 15th - Oct 15th, 2014
- National: "Each year, Americans observe National Hispanic Heritage Month from September 15 to October 15, by celebrating the histories, cultures and contributions of American citizens whose ancestors came from Spain, Mexico, the Caribbean and Central and South America."
- Hispanic Heritage Month
- Faculty Leaders: Dr. Gabriela Toletti and Dr. Fran Jacobson
International Education Week
- Dates: Nov 18- Nov 22, 2014
- International: This week is "an opportunity to celebrate the benefits of international education and exchange worldwide. This joint initiative of the U.S. Department of State and the U.S. Department of Education is part of our efforts to promote programs that prepare Americans for a global environment and attract future leaders from abroad to study, learn, and exchange experiences in the United States."
- International Ed Week
- Faculty Leaders: Indu Sharma and Dr. Fran Jacobson
The Jewish Film Festival
- Dates: Jan 2015
- About the Fesitval: "TCC and the Marilyn and Marvin Simon Jewish Community Center are proud to once
again bring this rich cultural tradition to the Hampton Roads community. With
each passing year, the festival has grown and matured, providing a cinematic
feast and cultural celebration."
- In partnership with the Simon Family JCC and Tidewater Community College
- Faculty Leader: Jamie Haines
Black History Month
- Dates: Feb 2015
- National 2014 Theme: "Civil Rights in America": The mission of the Association for the Study of African American Life and History (ASALH) is to promote, research, preserve, interpret and disseminate information about Black life, history and culture to the global community."
- Founders of Black History Month
- Faculty Leader: Shana Haines
Women’s History Month
- Dates: March 2015
- National 2014 Theme:" Celebrating Women of Character, Courage, and Commitment:"This year’s theme presents the opportunity to Honor women in a wide-range of occupations and accomplishments. We will be selecting National Honorees. At the same time, we would like to encourage schools, women and educational organizations, and workplaces to use the 2014 theme to honor special women in their own organizations".
- Women's History Project
- Faculty Leader: Laura Soulsby
The Literary Festival
- Dates: April 2015
- About the Festival: For the last 12 years, this college-wide literary event brings world-renowned speakers, authors and poets to all four campuses.
- Faculty Leader: Suki Tooley