AvalonBay Communities Mini Career Fair
June 14, 2019
Location: TCC Virginia Beach Campus Joint Use Library, Rooms L102 & L103
Address: 1700 College Crescent, Virginia Beach, VA 23453
Time: 10:00 am to 01:00 pm
This event is open to the public.
Recruiters from AvalonBay Communities is hosting a Mini Career Fair to hire Customer Service Professionals & Staff Accountants. This event it open to ALL. Dress in Professional Interview Attire and Bring Your Resume!
AvalonBay Communities, Inc. is one of the nation’s leading Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs), in the business of acquiring, selling, constructing, developing, redeveloping and managing high-quality apartment communities in leading metropolitan areas primarily in New England, the New York/New Jersey Metro area, the Mid-Atlantic, the Pacific Northwest, and the Northern and Southern California regions of the United States. We currently own and operate approximately 82,000 apartment homes in the US and employ approximately 3,000 associates. Our Customer Care Center is located in Virginia Beach, VA.
Customer Service Professional - Responsibilities: The Customer Service Representative is responsible for all day-to-day tasks related to customer account administration within an inbound call center environment. This includes, but is not limited to, detailed account research, rent collection, delinquency reconciliation, invoice processing, and security deposit processing. Associates are also responsible for resolving customer inquiries and issues. We are currently looking for associates to work four weekdays from 11:15am to 8:30pm and Saturdays from 12:00pm to 5:00pm.
Qualifications: Qualified candidates will have: 1-3 years of customer service experience; call center experience (preferred); strong communication and organizational skills; experience with data entry and excel required; experience with accounting systems; the ability to multitask; a high school diploma or equivalency (GED).
Staff Accountant I - The Role: The Staff Accountant’s overall responsibility is to support RS Accounting and complete assignments by the deadline. Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
• Monitor and manage the Residential Services email box and respond to all inquiries in a timely manner
• Submit questions from accountants to the field during the month-end close process
• Process wires as assigned
• Assist with reporting financial information to 3rd parties including replacement reserves
• Analyze monthly account detail, research and explain significant variances for designated categories
• Perform month end revenue analysis
• Perform mid-month utility analysis and process utility exceptions as assigned
• Complete journal entries
• Analysis and reconciliation of specific general ledger accounts
• Assist in keeping documentation of processes current
• Assist in monthly billback process
• Participate in special projects to improve efficiencies.
• Other duties and projects as assigned
You Have...The Staff Accountant will be required to have an undergraduate degree in Accounting from an accredited business school or be within 6 months of completing such degree. In addition:
• Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written).
• Working knowledge of spreadsheet software.
• Good time management and organizational skills desired.
• Is able to work under pressure.
• Is able to work well with accounting team, property management team, on-site associates and other departments including upper management.
• Demonstrates the ability to develop strong analytical skills.
• Demonstrates the initiative and skills of career advancement to provide bench strength within Financial Services.
• Willing to work on a flexible schedule (overtime required).
• Possesses a strong customer service focus.
For updated information on the event, call the TCC Career Services Center, (757) 822-7228 or visit the TCC Career Success Network: https://tidewater-csm.symplicity.com. Non-students can register as a Guest!