Ten things to know about your TCC
Whether you’re new to TCC or a returning student, we want to help your semester kick off to a great start. Given that, we have put together a Top 10 list of important tidbits about the college to make your life a whole lot easier.
10. Dates to remember:
- Jan. 14: Last day to add or change a class for a 16-week course
- Jan. 15: Spring application deadline
- Jan. 23 Last day to request a refund
- March 4-10: Spring break
- March 22: Last day to withdraw from a 16-week course without incurring an academic penalty
- April 30-May 6: Final exams
- May 8: Graduation
9. Stumped by a question? Call the TCC Information Center for answers at (757) 822-1122.
8. Need help determining your career path? Make an appointment with the academic advisors on your campus.
7. Where are those keys? Check TCC’s lost and found at campus business offices in Chesapeake, Norfolk and Portsmouth. Check the provost office in Virginia Beach (Princess Anne Building) and the director’s office (Visual Arts Center).
6. Transitioning to TCC from the military? Military-related students, veterans and their spouses can receive customized educational and career services at our new Center for Military and Veterans Education in the Kempsville Building of the Virginia Beach Campus.
5. Want to park? You’ll need a pass. Parking decals and semester validation stickers for the Chesapeake, Portsmouth and Virginia Beach campuses are free for those who have registered and paid for their classes. Take a printout of your class schedule, a valid driver’s license and your student ID to the following locations: Room 172 Pass Building (Chesapeake); Building A business office (Portsmouth) and the information window in the Princess Anne Building (Virginia Beach).
Students at the Norfolk Campus can park in the Bank Street Garage (located at the new Wells Fargo Center in the city block surrounded by Monticello Avenue, Freemason Street, Charlotte Street and Bank Street; enter at Freemason or Bank). Passes for that campus can be purchased for $25 at the campus business office in the Andrews Science building.
4. Tutoring is available on every campus at Learning Assistance Services.
3. Need an open computer lab? You can find one on each campus; check hours and locations here.
2. Don’t have spare change for the vending machine? No worries if you have a StormCard account, which allows you to make purchase by swiping your TCC ID. Check the StormCard site for info on signing up.
1. Stay connected to all the latest events and news at TCC via Facebook and Twitter. We’d love it if you’d like our page!
Have a super semester!