May 8, 2020
Dear TCC Faculty and Staff,
During recent Town Hall meetings, questions were presented about my plans to permanently fill interim positions and potential organizational changes. I responded that plans, with a focus on ensuring a structure to effectively provide consistent services to all students across the College, were forthcoming. Based on a comprehensive examination of organizational and student needs, and to ensure college-wide transparency, the following changes will become effective July 1, 2020.
- Dr. Corey McCray will resume his role as Vice President for Workforce Solutions.
- Mr. Emanuel Chestnut and Dr. James Edwards will resume their positions as Dean of Students on the Norfolk and Chesapeake campuses respectively.
- Dr. Michelle Woodhouse will serve as interim Vice President for Academic Affairs and Chief Academic Officer.
- Dr. Karen Campbell will serve as interim Vice President for Student Affairs.
- Dr. Michael Summers will serve as Special Assistant to the Vice President for Academic Affairs and Chief Academic Officer.
- Pathway deans will report directly to the Office of Academic Affairs.
- Deans of Students will provide administrative oversight of their respective campuses and report directly to the Vice President for Student Affairs. Each dean of students will assume dedicated responsibilities for specified student services functions. Again, this is to align student services to ensure consistency and accountability across the College.
- Ms. Heather McCraig will serve as interim Vice President for Finance.
A national search for the above-named interim positions will be conducted in January 2021.
Additionally, a national search will commence immediately to fill the newly reinstated position of Vice President for Institutional Advancement.
I extend a warm and gracious thanks to colleagues who have served in an interim capacity, and I look forward to the continued success of TCC during this critical time and beyond.
Dr. Marcia Conston