Skip navigation

Transfer to Strayer University

Strayer University is a private, for-profit university in the United States. It was founded in 1892 as Strayer’s Business College and later became Strayer College, before being granted university status in 1998. TCC has specific transfer agreements with Strayer to benefit our students. See the links below for detailed information!

Strayer University
Chesapeake, Newport News,
Virginia Beach, VA

Visit Website Contact Admissions

Phone: 888-311-0355
Institution Type: Private
Minimum GPA (required for Transfer Students): None

Apply Online

Guaranteed Admissions Agreements secure your entrance into more than 40 Virginia colleges and universities when you meet the agreement requirements. Just take the required courses, get the grades, complete the transfer process – and you’re in!

  • VCCS Guaranteed Admissions Agreement (GAA): Yes SU GAA
  • VCCS GAA Letter of Intent Required: No – See GAA
  • VCCS GAA Minimum GPA required: 2.00

The college has specific agreements with some colleges and universities to benefit our students. The Virginia Community College System also works diligently on behalf of all students who attend one of Virginia’s 23 community colleges — to include TCC students. See the link(s) below for detailed agreement information.

You may download the transfer agreement with Strayer University here.

If you cannot access the PDF documents on this page, please complete the Report a Barrier form, and we will provide assistance as soon as possible.

How to select the appropriate agreement

Select the transfer agreement that corresponds to the catalog year you started your TCC program. Catalog year refers to the academic year you BEGAN your TCC program. For example, if you started in Fall 2019 or Spring 2020, you will select the agreement that corresponds with catalog year 2019.

Note: This information is intended to guide students transferring from Tidewater Community College to one of our partner institutions. The information is subject to change. For questions regarding specific transfer information, please contact the transfer institution directly.