Learning Assistance Centers
Thinking about coming to TCC? It's not too late to enroll this semester. Next session starts Mar. 16!Get Started
Tidewater Community College’s 4 campus Learning Assistance Centers offer free tutoring with flexible schedules to serve your needs on a first-come, first-serve basis.
We offer one-on-one tutoring sessions (30 minutes) and group tutoring sessions (30 minutes).
Students looking for help can find a variety of services, including:
- Subject-Specific Tutoring – Tutors can provide assistance in most subjects taught at the college, include accounting, chemistry, engineering, nursing, physics and biology – to name a few!
- Writing Assistance – Dedicated writing assistance centers are a free resource that help all students in all stages of the writing process, for all disciplines offered on the campus.
- Mat Labs – Math labs are designed to help students struggling in all math related disciplines, at any level.
Remember that tutors cannot:
- Do your assignments make up for missed classes or assignments
- Help with tests (including take-home or make-up tests)
- Provide line-by-line correcting, editing, or proofreading
- Teach new material not covered in your course
Students may access these services only in the courses they are currently enrolled in at TCC for credit.
LEARNING ASSISTANCE CENTERS
Always bring your TCC student ID to gain access to tutoring services, computers, calculators, textbooks and solution manuals.