Learning Assistance Centers
Tidewater Community College’s 4 campus Learning Assistance Centers offer free tutoring with flexible schedules to serve your needs on a first-come, first-serve basis.
We offer one-on-one tutoring sessions (30 minutes) and group tutoring sessions (30 minutes).
Students looking for help can find a variety of services, including:
- Subject-Specific Tutoring – Tutors can provide assistance in most subjects taught at the college, include accounting, chemistry, engineering, nursing, physics and biology – to name a few!
- Writing Assistance – Dedicated writing assistance centers are a free resource that help all students in all stages of the writing process, for all disciplines offered on the campus.
- Math Labs – Math labs are designed to help students struggling in all math related disciplines, at any level.
Remember that tutors cannot:
- Do your assignments make up for missed classes or assignments
- Help with tests (including take-home or make-up tests)
- Provide line-by-line correcting, editing, or proofreading
- Teach new material not covered in your course
Students may access these services only in the courses they are currently enrolled in at TCC for credit.