Struggling with a class? We’re here to help!
The Chesapeake Campus Learning Assistance Center offers free tutoring with flexible schedules to serve your needs.
- One-on-one tutoring sessions (30 min)
- Group tutoring sessions (30 min)
Tutoring services are available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Tutors can help with these subjects
Tutors can provide assistance in most subjects taught at the college, including writing, math, Blackboard and ITE 115. Call or stop by the Learning Assistance Center for a schedule of individual tutors' hours and specific subjects.
- Computers and printers for academic use
- Graphing calculators
- Spanish CDs
- Copies of many course textbooks are also available
What to bring to your tutoring session
- Your TCC ID
- Textbook and any notes and handouts from your class
- Class assignments
Food, beverages, cellphones, and children are not allowed in any of the Learning Assistance Centers.
Remember that tutors cannot
- do your assignments
- make up for missed classes or assignments
- help with tests (including take-home or make-up tests)
- provide line-by-line correcting, editing, or proofreading
- teach new material not covered in your course