Struggling with a class? We’re here to help!
The Norfolk Campus Learning Assistance Center offers free tutoring with flexible schedules to serve your needs.
- One-on-one tutoring sessions (30 min)
- Group tutoring sessions (30 min)
Appointments are not needed but can be made (preferably 1 week in advance) by stopping by or calling the Learning Assistance Center at 757-822-1420.
Tutors can help with these subjects
Tutors also provide assistance with using:
- Microsoft Office programs, such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Blackboard and the internet
In addition to assistance with math courses, tutors at the Norfolk Math Lab also provide help with:
- navigating online software, such as: My Open Math, Mathcat, and Minitab
- using graphing calculators
Call or stop by the Learning Assistance Center for a schedule of individual tutors' hours and specific subjects.
The Norfolk Campus Learning Assistance Center, Writing Center, and Math Lab have assistive technologies (including Dragon Naturally Speaking Software, Zoom Text, JAWS, Live Scribe Plus pens, and noise-cancelling headphones) available for student use.
What to bring to your tutoring session
- Your TCC ID
- Textbook and any notes and handouts from your class
- Class assignments
Food, beverages, cellphones, and children are not allowed in any of the Learning Assistance Centers.
Remember that tutors cannot
- Do your assignments
- Make up for missed classes or assignments
- Help with tests (including take-home or make-up tests)
- Provide line-by-line correcting, editing, or proofreading
- Teach new material not covered in your course