Struggling with a class? We’re here to help!
The Portsmouth Campus Learning Assistance Center offers free tutoring with flexible schedules to serve your needs.
- Group tutoring sessions (45 min)
- One-on-one tutoring sessions (30 min)
Appointments are not needed but can be made (preferably 1 week in advance) by calling the Learning Assistance Center at 757-822-2709.
Tutors can help with these subjects
- Information technology
Math and writing assistance
- 10 computers, available on a walk-in basis
- Math Media software for Virginia Placement Test practice tests
What to bring to your tutoring session
- Your TCC ID
- Textbook and any notes and handouts from your class
- Class assignments
Food, beverages, cellphones, and children are not allowed in any of the Learning Assistance Centers.
Remember that tutors cannot
- do your assignments
- make up for missed classes or assignments
- help with tests (including take-home or make-up tests)
- provide line-by-line correcting, editing, or proofreading
- teach new material not covered in your course