Struggling with a class? We’re here to help!
The Virginia Beach Campus Learning Assistance Center offers free tutoring with flexible schedules to serve your needs.
- One-on-one tutoring sessions (30 min)
- Group tutoring sessions (30 min)
Services are available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Tutors can help with these subjects
- Anatomy and physiology
- Information technology
- Study skills
Math, writing and language assistance
Students who need help with French, Spanish, and ESL are encouraged to visit the campus Language Lab (Lynnhaven Building, Room E-180).
Resources for student use
The Learning Assistance Center has 6 computers available on a walk-in basis, including 2 with software used in TCC engineering courses. The Language Lab has 14 computers with Mango Languages software. The Math lab has 30 computers with MyMathLab software for students to use while doing math assignments.
What to bring to your tutoring session
- Your TCC ID
- Textbook and any notes and handouts from your class
- Class assignments
Food, beverages, cellphones, and children are not allowed in any of the Learning Assistance Centers.
Remember that tutors cannot
- do your assignments
- make up for missed classes or assignments
- help with tests (including take-home or make-up tests)
- provide line-by-line correcting, editing, or proofreading
- teach new material not covered in your course