Counselors are available on a walk-in basis to assist you with academic and transfer planning, career development, and personal concerns which may be hindering your academic success.
The Counseling Center offers the following services:
- Interpretation of Placement Tests - English, Reading, and Math.
- Recommendation of developmental course to promote academic success.
- Individual interview sessions - for career and educational planning, including curriculum selection assistance and course sequencing.
- Individual interview sessions on exploration of career alternatives - utilization of occupational information, evaluation of employment prospects in a given field, administration and interpretation of career interest inventories, computer assisted career information and assessment.
- Individual interview sessions on personal/social concerns - adjustment to college, crisis intervention (drugs, finances, pregnancy, alcohol), marriage and family concerns. Referral to appropriate agencies such as Comprehensive Mental Health, Family Services, Tidewater Psychiatric Institute, and Vocational Rehabilitation Services.
- Individual interview sessions on academic advisement - curriculum changes, course selection and sequence, transferability of courses, review of academic records to insure graduation requirements are being met.
- Individual interviews - for academic advisement and college re-entry, and for job seeking and career changes.