TCC Home Page                               


Welcome CenterAcademicsWorkforce DevelopmentNew StudentsCurrent StudentsFaculty and StaffDonorsCommunity
rollover the links above to activate the sub menus
Bb, Email, SIS
myTCC myTCC Library
Student Information

Veterans Affairs @ TCC

Welcome Home OEF/OIF Veterans and thank you for your service!

returning veterans

Photo Credit: Sgt Dajon N. Schafer Minnesota National Guard Public Affairs.


Veteran Affairs Spring 2014 Information Sessions


Here is why you SHOULD ATTEND our Information Sessions:

  • Learn about the VA Work-Study Program
  • Learn how to complete online registration
  • Learn how we can help you better understand your VA Educational Benefits

It is packed full of valuable information


The Post- 9/11 GI Bill is a new benefit providing educational assistance to individuals who have served on
active duty on or after September 11, 2001.

Veterans requesting VA benefits must notify the campus VA office of class enrollment
(Notification Process), immediately upon the completion of class enrollment/registration.

The Office of Veterans Affairs at Tidewater Community College welcomes you.
We are happy to see your interest and hope that you will find your association with our institution to be a rewarding experience.

The following link may help you with "Frequently Asked Questions".

Watch videos that talk about Financial Aid dealing with Veterans: "FINANCIAL AID TV"

Veterans Handbook

First Year Success logo
Orientation, Student Development classes and Academic Alert


The campus Office of Veterans Affairs (OVA) can explain Department of Veterans Affairs (DVA) educational benefits, as well as help you apply for these benefits. Eligibility for DVA education benefits rests solely with the DVA (1-888-442-4551) or visit DVA Internet site: The TCC OVA maintains up-to-date files and can advise you on guidelines for receiving and keeping benefits.

Each semester, veterans using DVA educational benefits must report to the campus OVA after completing the enrollment process. New veterans planning to use DVA benefits must report to the OVA before enrolling. Veterans must immediately inform the campus OVA if they drop, add, audit, stop attending, have a class cancelled, withdraw or are withdrawn from class(es) or the college, are unable to attend classes, or make any changes to their enrollment status.

If you are a disabled veteran and need assistance, contact a campus Veterans Affairs Adviser. If you are having academic difficulties, check with your campus Veterans Affairs Adviser to see if you are eligible for DVA-assisted tutoring. Also see the disability community government web page that provides information and opportunities for veterans and military members.

The Office of Veterans Affairs has prepared this information especially for your use. Its purpose is to answer some of your immediate questions and to refer you to those individuals who can best answer other questions that you may have. 

The Office of Veterans Affairs is responsible for providing services to veterans, active military and dependents enrolled at the college. Some of the services available through the office are: 


  • Providing guidance for veteran students and dependents to insure that they are certified for veterans benefits.
  • Advising veterans concerning the DVA's requirements for maintaining satisfactory course pursuit
  • Counseling by discussing the curriculum with each student and approving the courses selected, if consistent with DVA regulations and directly related to the requirement specified for a Certificate or Degree. 
  • Administering a tutorial reimbursement program for all qualified veterans and dependents enrolled at Tidewater Community College. 
  • Providing veteran students with job opportunities through a DVA Work Study Program.