TCC Home Page             


Welcome CenterAcademicsWorkforce SolutionsNew StudentsCurrent StudentsFaculty and StaffDonorsCommunity
rollover the links above to activate the sub menus
Bb, Email, SIS
myTCC myTCC Library

Tuition Reimbursement for a Class Taken at another Institution
for Training or to Enhance Job Skills

Steps to request permission to take a training or job skills class at another institution and receive reimbursement for tuition paid

1. Decide which class at another institution will enhance your job skills and/or job performance. (In the case of job skills training sessions for which you will not receive a final grade or college credit, go to Pay for Conference/Workshop/Travel.)

2. Decide on a funding source or combination of sources.
Three sources of funding for tuition are available to full-time classified staff:

Professional Development Funding Available to Each Classified Employee per Fiscal Year
to Take a Training or Job Skills Enhancement Class at Another Educational Institution
Name of Fund
Used for
Maximum Amount
Administered by
Submission Dates
Tuition Reimbursement Fund Tuition Assistance Only
Campus Business Manager or
Budget Manager, District
July 1 - June 30 (Fiscal year)
Individual Equity Fund Tuition (and other)
Campus Business Manager or
Budget Manager, District
July 1 - June 30
Classified Professional Development Fund Tuition (and other) after using allotted total from first two funds
Fund Committee
Leona Davis-Daniels
July 1 until used up

3. Fill in and submit appropriate forms. If using Classified Fund money, attach a copy of the award confirmation e-mail to your request form.

  • If you cannot access the forms on InsideTCC, contact the HelpDesk@tcc.edu.
  • When you submit a request to take a class, you must have already determined where the financial support is coming from [funds] .
  • Note the requested amount(s) in the appropriate blanks on the required form(s).
Tuition Assistance
Other Educational Institution Course/Class Skills Training


  Classified Professional Development Fund Application Form (found at the top of the Professional Development main page)
  EDI Direct Deposit Form Submit once; submit early

4. Wait for return of the approved, signed forms. The EDI Direct Deposit form takes longer to process than the professional development request form. Allow extra time for processing.

NOTE: If you begin taking the course before receiving the fully authorized request form, you are beginning that class without TCC's permission and without TCC's agreement to help pay your expenses.

5. Then register for the class at the other institution and pay tuition and fees.

Save your course registration receipt, your tuition payment receipt, and copy of your final grade report.

6. After completing the class, submit all required paperwork to your campus Business Office/District Business Manager to receive reimbursement by direct deposit.

Forms to Request Reimbursement for Tuition Paid to Another Facility

Submit to Campus/District Business Office for Reimbursement [locations]

Course/Class Skills Training Taken at Other Educational Institution




  1. The Tuition Reimbursement Voucher and Accounting Grid
    Complete Instructions (pdf)
  2. Registration receipt, tuition payment receipt, and your official final grade report
  3. Copy of HR-78, fully authorized
  4. All tuition reimbursement paperwork should be assembled in the following manner:
    • Staple together:
      • White (original) accounting grid
      • Gold accounting voucher
    • Staple together :
      • Blue accounting voucher (original)
      • Yellow accounting grid
      • Copy of approved professional development form
      • Copy of official grade report
      • Copy of tuition charges
      • Original paid receipt for tuition
    • Staple together:
      • Pink accounting voucher
      • Pink accounting grid
      • Copy of approved professional development form
    • Prepare your voucher, accounting grid, and receipts as instructed above. Submit your reimbursement request paperwork to the campus/District Business Office for processing.

Contact the campus/District Business Office for a Tuition Reimbursment Voucher, Accounting Grid, and instructions for filling and submitting the voucher form and receipts (Instructions- pdf)

7.  Wait for reimbursement.  Reimbursement money will be deposited into the account noted on the EDI you submitted earlier.

8. You may submit to HR a copy of the tuition assistance request forms, voucher forms, and a photocopy of your final grade mailer/report card to be added to your personnel file. Keep a photocopy of your forms and final grade for your files.


More about funds

1. Tuition Reimbursement Fund ($500.00): Every campus (and District) has been allotted a fund (managed by the Business Manager on each campus or the Budget Manager for District) to assist employees with tuition expenses. During each new fiscal year (July 1 – June 30 of the following year), full-time employees are allowed to submit applications for up to $500.00 from this fund. All courses must be completed and the paperwork processed before the end of the fiscal year. After January, you might consider submitting a second request for additional funds; if there are fewer than normal requests made to date that year, your request may be awarded. This fund is for tuition assistance only, and for classified the course must be job-related or degree-related.

2. Individual Equity ($150.00): Every full-time classified staff member has been allotted $150.00 in financial support, called "individual equity", for professional development every fiscal year. To "be allotted" the money simply means that TCC will earmark that much for you to use each year if you want it. But the money belongs to the college and if you do not use it, the college will use it for something else. TCC reallocates that amount every July 1. You may use this fund toward tuition as well.

3. Classified Professional Development Fund ($1200.00): On July 1 of each year, a specified amount is reallocated into the fund. The Classified Association administers the fund in accordance with the Classified Professional Development Plan. A Classified Professional Development Fund Committee determines which requests for funding are awarded. Again, this money belongs to the college and whatever monies employees do not use will be used by the college for something else. According to the "rules", each staff member is limited to requesting a max of $800. Use it to pay whatever balance you may have left after using your tuition assistance or individual equity.

4. Other funding may be available through your department budget or an outside agency/organization willing to pay your expenses. Ask your supervisor or do some research on these. If you do find an outside funding source, you will have to do the paperwork for that agency’s financial assistance to their satisfaction.