Norfolk Campus Faculty Senate
Thomas Moss Scholars Award
Each year the Norfolk Faculty awards the Thomas Moss Scholars Award. The award recognizes Norfolk Campus students who have performed above and beyond expectations in both the classroom and in their service to the school and school community. In order to identify these students we ask that each department (or discipline) nominate an outstanding student. One of these nominated students will be named the Thomas Moss Scholar and will receive a cash award.
Below are the eligibility criteria:
- Be a full-time TCC (minimum 12 credit hours per semester) in Fall and Spring semesters
- Have the Norfolk Campus as the students “home-base”
- Enrolled in a degree, diploma or certificate program
- Have completed 24 curricular (non-developmental) credits at TCC
- Have a GPA of 3.5 or higher
- Not be a full-time TCC employee
Completed nomination packets must be submitted by March 30 either electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org or to my faculty mailbox. A completed nomination packet contains:
- A personal essay from the student explaining why they are a good candidate for this award. At a minimum, the essay should outline their academic and career goals, the student’s service to the college and college community.
- Two nomination letters from faculty. One letter should include which department or discipline is nominating this student.
- An unofficial copy of the students transcript