The VCCS Google email system provides you with a reliable and secure way to send and receive email wherever you are and from any device.
New student email accounts are activated by the VCCS within 15 minutes of an application being processed. You will be assigned a temporary password that is good for 30 days.
Your student email is the only way you will receive official communication from TCC
Be sure to check your TCC email every day. If you forward your TCC email to another account, you do so at your own risk.
For more email guidelines, see the TCC Student Handbook.
Important email information
- All email addresses are email@example.com, and your email address will never change.
- You do NOT need to set up a new Gmail account.
- Your email username and password are the same ones you use to sign in to myTCC.
- If you do not know your username or password, go to myTCC and then click on "Forgot Username" or "Forgot Password" to look up your username and reset your password.
- Your mailbox size is 25GB. Spam and virus protection is included.
- You must use your student email address as your official email in Blackboard.
Accessing your email for the first time
TCC email is accessed through myTCC, the Student Information System, or SIS. The mobile version of SIS cannot be used to activate your account.
When a you complete the online Application for Admission, you will be assigned temporary myTCC password, which is case-sensitive.
*IMPORTANT: Your temporary password is good for only 30 days, so set up a personal password right away. If you don't, you will be locked out of SIS.
If you are locked out, the TCC Information Center (757-822-1122) will reset your password. That password is good for only 24 hours.
You will also be required to set up security questions. Starting April 25, this step will be mandatory when you first log in.
Once you have set up your password and security questions, close your browser and wait 10 minutes for your password to be synced.
Then, go back into myTCC and log in using the password you just set up. Click on the Gmail icon to view your TCC student email.
You only need to log into your TCC email through myTCC the first time you log in. After that, you can access your TCC email directly through Gmail, or through your mobile device.