Eligibility for In-State Tuition
Your tuition deadline depends on when you register classes. Your classes will be dropped if tuition is not paid by the applicable deadline.Pay Your Tuition
Your domicile determines your in-state tuition eligibility
Your in-state tuition eligibility is based on information you provide in your Application for Admission. Be careful to use complete information when applying to the college.
Students who have been legally domiciled in Virginia for at least one year prior to the first day of classes for a term are eligible to pay tuition at the in-state rate.
Most TCC students are Virginia domiciled. If you live and work in Virginia, you are likely eligible for in-state tuition and fees, but there are some specific criteria that can be used for determination. There are special provisions for active duty military, veterans, and their families that allow them to pay in-state tuition without meeting normal domicile requirements.
If you feel you have been incorrectly placed as out-of-state student, there is an appeal process to regain in-state eligibility.
- How to qualify for in-state tuition eligibility
- Tuition & Fees
- Why am I being charged out of state tuition?
- How do I qualify for in-state rates based on military affiliation?
- Exceptions to Domicile for military, dependents, and veterans
- In-state tuition for military service members, dependents and veterans
- How do I submit documents to TCC?
- Enrollment Services Hours and Locations
The State Council of Higher Education for Virginia (SCHEV) provides general, descriptive information about establishing Virginia domicile in order to qualify for in-state tuition and state grants. An overview of the basic requirements for demonstrating and/or establishing Virginia domicile is below. For more detailed information, please visit SCHEV’s website.