Eligibility for In-State Tuition
Tuition for fall classes is due by 11 p.m. on the day you register for classes. You may be dropped from your classes if your tuition is not paid by the deadline.More Info
Your domicile determines whether you are eligible for in-state tuition and state grants.
This information is determined when you fill out your Application for Admission so be careful to use complete information.
Most TCC students are Virginia domiciled. If you live and work in Virginia, you are likely eligible for in-state tuition, but there are some specific criteria that can be used for determination.
If you feel you have been incorrectly placed as out-of-state student, there is an appeal process to regain in-state eligibility.
- In-State tuition eligibility
- Tuition & Fees
- Why am I being charged out of state tuition?
- How do I qualify for in-state rates based on military affiliation?
- Exceptions to Domicile for military, dependents, and veterans
- In-state tuition for military service members, dependents and veterans
- Enrollment Services Hours and Locations
The State Council of Higher Education for Virginia (SCHEV) provides general, descriptive information about establishing Virginia domicile in order to qualify for in-state tuition and state grants. An overview of the basic requirements for demonstrating and/or establishing Virginia domicile is below. For more detailed information, please visit SCHEV’s website.