Schedule a virtual academic advising appointment via phone or Zoom during regular business hours by using the form below or by calling 757-822-7212.Make an appointment!
Academic advising is essential during your time at Tidewater Community College. TCC’s academic advisors will help you develop an academic plan, stay on track for your degree program, and make decisions about your educational and career goals.
All new, curricular students should meet with an academic advisor before registering for their first semester.
New Students: Your first advising appointment
Before your first advising meeting, you will need to apply to TCC.
To prepare for your meeting with our onboarding and advising staff, complete one of the questionnaires below.
- Students who have graduated high school within 5 years should complete the following questionnaire for placement: Recent Graduate Questionnaire.
- Students graduated high school 6 years or more ago should complete the following questionnaire for placement: Informed Self-Placement.
Returning and Current Students: Regular Advising Appointments
Plan to meet with an advisor at least once per semester, especially during your first few semesters at TCC and as you near graduation. Students planning to transfer to another college or university to complete a bachelor’s degree program, should meet regularly with an advisor to ensure all their transfer requirements are met.
How to meet with an advisor
- By Appointment: Schedule an academic advising appointment, via phone or Zoom, with Navigate by logging into your myTCC portal and clicking the Navigate Advising Tool icon on the main screen.
- By Email: Complete this form to be contacted by advising staff through email.
- Drop-in: Need to speak with an advisor soon? Virtual drop-in appointments are available during regular business hours. You can schedule an appointment by calling 757-822-7212 or 757-822-1111.
Academic Advising Hours & Locations
Have a quick advising question? Advisors are available via email and phone to guide students virtually. Complete this form to be contacted by advising staff through email.
Hours of operation:
Monday and Tuesday from 8:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
Wednesday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.