Tidewater Community College offers a variety of testing services. Testing Centers are available on each campus.
- Proctored exams, including makeup exams, online/hybrid course exams, and accommodations
- Assessment examinations required for nursing and other programs
- Placement testing for ESL course work and apprenticeships and certain selective admissions programs
- Credit by examination tests to give students an opportunity to receive college credit for what they already know
- Professional testing services for industry credential requirements
Placement tests, proctored exams, NAS2 challenge exams, and HESI-A2 tests are just some of the testing services offered at all Testing Center locations. Certain exams are offered only at specific Testing Centers, and may have additional requirements.
Testing Center rules and procedures
- A valid photo ID (such as a driver’s license, military ID, passport, personal identification card from the DMV) and your Student ID number are required to take any exam in the Testing Center. Some tests require 2 forms of ID.
- Cell phone use is strictly prohibited.
- Children, food, and beverages are not allowed.
- All placement tests must be started at least 3 hours prior to closing. We recommend you take the English and math placement tests at different times.
- All proctored exams must be started at least 2 hours before closing.
- All exams must be completed and will be collected 15 minutes before closing.
Testing Service Center Hours & Locations
Certain exams are offered only at specific Testing Centers and may have additional requirements.