Students with Disabilities
In recognition of the talents and needs of students with disabilities and chronic health issues, the Office of Educational Accessibility provides an array of accessibility services designed to enhance your educational experience.
TCC’s Office of Educational Accessibility arranges appropriate accommodations in accordance with Section 504 of the 1973 Rehabilitation Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act Amended Act of 1990. All documentation is confidential and is not considered a part of the academic transcript.
Counselors on every campus can provide services for students with medical, psychological & learning disabilities. It’s the student’s responsibility to make the college aware of a disability and need for accommodation.
- Complete the new student intake form.
- Provide documentation of your disability. You can upload your documentation to Accommodate (our accommodations portal) or give a copy to your Educational Accessibility Counselor at your intake meeting. View the guidelines for documentation of disabilities.
- Once you complete the new student intake form, check your email and follow the instructions to schedule an appointment Appointments should be made at least 30 days prior to the first day of classes, when requesting interpreters or alternate formats.
**Accommodations are not retroactive and cannot be used by instructors to adjust grades prior to receipt of the accommodation form.
- Log on to Accommodate to request semester Academic Accommodation Forms
- Directions for logging on:
- Choose Student
- Sign in (use your MYTCC login)
- Go to accommodate and then semester Request
- For more detailed information please view: How To Request Academic Accommodations
For questions contact 757-822-7752 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Specific services provided to students with documentation of a disability or chronic medical condition may include:
- Testing accommodations
- Academic accommodations
- Assistive Technology
- Discounted HRT para-transit passes
- Interpreter services
- Electronic textbooks
- Single Stop
- Workforce Recruitment Program
educational accessibility office
Monday and Tuesday: 8:30 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.
Wednesday – Friday: 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
College-Wide Coordinator Office of Educational Accessibility
George B. Pass Building, Room 141
1428 Cedar Road
Chesapeake, VA 23322
Andrews Building, Room 1112
315 Granby St.
Norfolk, VA 23510
Building A, Room 142
120 Campus Drive
Portsmouth, VA 23701
Bayside Building, Room B112D
1700 College Crescent
Virginia Beach, VA 23453