A leader and resource committed to advocating for equality and social justice, the Women’s Center offers comprehensive, specialized services that range from time management support to leadership training with an emphasis on the value of networking.
The Women's Center offers educational programs and events related to:
- Discussions, lectures, workshops and performances from women in Hampton Roads community as well as locally, nationally and globally acclaimed female authors, scholars, artists and leaders
- Leadership development
- Career development and life skill enhancement
- Communication and leadership development
- Health, wellbeing, healthy relationships and violence prevention
- Social and professional networking opportunities
Special programs include:
- Career Coaching and Mentoring - Pairs students with professionals for one-on-one discussion
- Office of Pregnant and Parenting Student Services – Provides special support to pregnant and parenting students
- Women Inspiring Self-Empowerment (W.I.S.E.) – Prepares students for leadership and civic engagement with mentorship and service projects
The TCC Women’s Center also sponsors special events at the college in celebration of Women’s History Month in March, develops special programming for Intimate Partner Violence in October, campaigns for Sexual Assault Awareness Month in April and hosts an annual Women’s Leadership Breakfast each spring.
George Pass Building, Room 194
1428 Cedar Road
Chesapeake, VA 23322
Student Center, Room 5306 (3rd floor)
300 Granby St.
Norfolk, VA 23510
Student Center, Room E109
120 Campus Drive
Virginia Beach Campus
Building A (Princess Anne), Room A107
1700 College Crescent
Virginia Beach, VA 23453
Students will have the opportunity to speak to two professional women in one-on-one discussions, as well as in a group setting, about their chosen majors and preparation for the workplace.
W.I.S.E. is a leadership development program that enhances your unique approach to leadership by exposing you to different leadership styles and effective leadership skills.
N.E.W.S. provides support for the Women's Center by contributing to the effectiveness of its leadership and professional development programs and student success initiatives. N.E.W.S. advocates both on campus and off and assists in promoting a positive image and good relations for the center with the South Hampton Roads communities it serves.
Monday and Tuesday 8:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
Wednesday, Thursday and Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.