TCC’s Women’s Center offers comprehensive, specialized services to educate, empower, enhance and engage women so they can define, pursue and achieve their academic and personal goals.
The Women’s Center offers educational programs and services related to:
- Women's leadership development
- Career and professional development
- Empowerment and personal development
- Healthy relationships and personal safety
- Campus and computer resources and referrals
- Returning women student support
Special programs include:
- Career development - Through our Career Speaker Series and site visits, students are encouraged to explore their fields of choice. Our programs focus on nontraditional fields and STEM careers.
- Coaching and mentoring - Pairs students with professionals for one-on-one discussion
- Mother's rooms
- Portsmouth Campus - Student Center ES21
- Norfolk Campus - Student Center 5306
- Virginia Beach Campus - Princess Anne Building, Room A-101
- TCC Women's Center STEM Promise Program
- The Women’s Center Advisory Council (WCAC) - The TCC Women’s Center also sponsors special events at the college in celebration of Women’s History Month in March, develops special programming for Intimate Partner Violence in October, campaigns for Sexual Assault Awareness Month in April and hosts the annual Women’s Leadership Breakfast each spring.
- Women Inspiring Self-Empowerment (W.I.S.E.) - Prepares students for leadership and civic engagement with mentorship and service projects
The Women's Center at Tidewater Community College offers comprehensive, specialized services to educate, empower, enhance and engage women so they can define, pursue and achieve their academic, professional and personal goals. The Women's Center is a leader and resource on women's unique interests and is committed to advocating for equality and social justice. The Women's Center provides a safe environment and creates a campus culture for women and men to exchange ideas, network and advocate for these goals.
See what's coming up at the Women's Center!
Hours of operation:
Chesapeake Campus: Monday-Thursday 9 a.m. - 3 p.m., Friday 9 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Norfolk Campus: Monday-Thursday 9 a.m. - 3 p.m., Friday 9 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Portsmouth Campus: Monday-Thursday 9 a.m. - 3 p.m., Friday 9 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Virginia Beach Campus: Monday- Thursday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.