A leader and resource committed to advocating for equality and social justice, the Women’s Center offers comprehensive, specialized services that range from time management support to leadership training with an emphasis on the value of networking.
TCC's Women Center served 10,000 students in 2015-16!
The Women's Center offers educational programs and events related to:
- Discussions, lectures, workshops and performances from women in Hampton Roads community as well as locally, nationally and globally acclaimed female authors, scholars, artists and leaders
- Leadership development
- Career development and life skill enhancement
- Communication and leadership development
- Health, wellbeing, healthy relationships and violence prevention
- Social and professional networking opportunities
2016 Women's Leadership Breakfast
The Women's Leadership Breakfast on May 10, 2016, featured keynote speaker Micky Nye, president of Farm Fresh Food & Pharmacy and member of the TCC Educational Foundation Board. Student awards were also presented.
Elisabeth Barth, with mentor Mary Badali, received the Mary Pat Liggio Student Leadership Award.
Presenting sponsor: Dominion Virginia Power
Other special programs include:
- Career development - Through our Career Speaker Series and site visits, students are encouraged to explore their fields of choice. Our programs focus on nontraditional fields and STEM careers.
- Coaching and Mentoring - Pairs students with professionals for one-on-one discussion
- Office of Pregnant and Parenting Student Services – Provides special support to pregnant and parenting students
- Women Inspiring Self-Empowerment (W.I.S.E.) – Prepares students for leadership and civic engagement with mentorship and service projects
The TCC Women’s Center also sponsors special events at the college in celebration of Women’s History Month in March, develops special programming for Intimate Partner Violence in October, campaigns for Sexual Assault Awareness Month in April and hosts the annual Women’s Leadership Breakfast each spring.
George Pass Building, Room 194
1428 Cedar Road
Chesapeake, VA 23322
Student Center, Room 5306 (3rd floor)
300 Granby St.
Norfolk, VA 23510
Student Center, Room E109
120 Campus Drive
Virginia Beach Campus
Building A (Princess Anne), Room A115
1700 College Crescent
Virginia Beach, VA 23453
The Women's Center at Tidewater Community College offers comprehensive, specialized services to educate, empower, enhance and engage women so they can define, pursue and achieve their academic, professional and personal goals. The Women's Center is a leader and resource on women's unique interests and is committed to advocating for equality and social justice. The Women's Center provides a safe environment and creates a campus culture for women and men to exchange ideas, network and advocate for these goals.
See what's coming up at the Women's Center!
Students will have the opportunity to speak to two professional women in one-on-one discussions, as well as in a group setting, about their chosen majors and preparation for the workplace.
W.I.S.E. is a leadership development program that enhances your unique approach to leadership by exposing you to different leadership styles and effective leadership skills.
WCAC enhances the reputation and visibility of TCC by cultivating valuable connections among the Women’s Center, administrators, faculty, students, and the community. The WCAC contributes to the enhancement of women in their pursuit of the academic achievement, career aspiration, and personal development of all students served by the Women’s Center.
Monday and Tuesday 8:30 a.m. to to 6:30 p.m.
Wednesday, Thursday and Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Summer Session Extended Hours
May 16 through May 27
Monday through Thursday -- 8:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
Friday – 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.