Information technology is the largest of any computer-related industry, employing more than 1.5 million people in 2011, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. And job demand for IT professionals shows no sign of slowing.
In just three semesters, Tidewater Community College’s Certificate in Information Systems Technology will give you knowledge in several key areas:
- Operating systems
- Hardware and troubleshooting
- Software design
- and more!
TCC’s instructors are industry professionals who can give you the real-world experience you will need. Choose a concentration from among our career studies certificates:
- Cloud Computing
- Cyber Security
- Database Specialist
- Geographic Information Systems
- Network Administration
- Network Infrastructure Specialist
- Programmer Trainee
- Web Development Specialist
Certify your skills
Earn valuable industry credentials! Course work prepares you for certification exams including Internet and Computing Core Certification (IC3) and CompTIA A+.
Apply all of the credits you earn in the certificate program to TCC’s Associate of Applied Science in Information Systems Technology. Or pursue deeper understanding by completing one of our many career studies certificates.
TCC’s Certificate in Information Systems Technology consists of just 3 semesters of part-time study, with classes held mainly on the Chesapeake and Virginia Beach campuses.
Estimated Program Cost*:
34 credits x $181.10 per credit = $6,157.40 (not including textbooks and supplies)
*Based on Fall 2017 in-state tuition. Your actual cost may differ.
Apply your credits toward TCC’s Associate of Applied Science in Information Systems Technology. Graduates are also prepared to start or advance in their IT careers.
Yes, if you:
- have basic computing knowledge
- are detail-oriented
- enjoy problem-solving and challenges
For entry into any of the college's Information Systems Technology certificate programs, you are encouraged to complete the IT core requirements.
- Information Technology Networking (ITN) 101 Intro to Network Concepts
- Information Technology Networking (ITN) 106 Microcomputer Operating Systems
- Information Technology Networking (ITN) 107 Personal Computer Hardware and Troubleshooting
- Information Technology Programming (ITP) 100 Software Design or Computer Science (CSC) 110 Introduction to Computing
Check program requirements before enrolling.
Veterans, transitioning military, spouses and dependents: TCC’s Center for Military and Veterans Education provides academic guidance and help in maximizing your GI Bill® and other educational benefits.
Tuition assistance such as financial aid, scholarships, work-study, grants and loans can help you save money and reduce college debt.
Challenge exams in computer applications and concepts; Internet; networking; operating systems, hardware and troubleshooting, UNIX; and software design give you credit for what you already know
Most specialization areas feature vendor-specific and vendor-neutral certifications
Students are eligible for free software from Microsoft Corporation thanks to TCC’s membership in the Microsoft Developers’ Network Academic Alliance (MSDNAA)
Median annual salary
Jobs related to this field have a median annual salary of $72,010*
Computers for Student Success gives away its 5,000th computer
TCC's Center for Workforce Solutions offers non-credit IT programs that you can finish in just weeks.
* Salary estimate is provided for comparison purposes only and doesn’t constitute a promise of employment or earnings. Salaries were calculated based on related job codes and U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics data.