High School Dual Enrollment
Earn college credits in high school! Tidewater Community College’s dual enrollment options provide qualifying high school students a unique opportunity to jump start their college careers.
From business to advanced manufacturing, TCC’s dual enrollment program allows you to challenge yourself, study new subjects, and pursue your passions in college-level classes taught by qualified instructors before you even graduate from high school. You can get started as early as your freshman year with a customizable course load that fits your busy schedule and extracurricular activities.
You can take dual credit classes for both college and high school credit, enroll at TCC as a concurrent student and receive only college credit, or choose a combination of the two!
- What is the high school dual enrollment admission process?
- About dual enrollment
- What are the qualifications for dual enrollment?
- Dual enrollment contact information
- Dual Enrollment Admission Form
- Dual Enrollment Testing Evaluation Form
- Dual Enrollment Permit to Test for Reassessment/Absentee Testers
- Dual Enrollment Courses for Transfer (Passport)
- How do I submit documents to TCC?
Dual Enrollment Contacts
Reach out to the dual enrollment contact on the campus in your city for more information.
TCC publishes a list of all high school dual-enrollment courses, noting whether they are “designed for transfer” or appropriate for students in career-technical programs.
A course “designed for transfer” does not guarantee it will transfer successfully to a four-year college. Some courses are also designated as “passport” courses. These courses are transferable to most public colleges and universities in Virginia and satisfy a lower-division general education requirement.